Bike re spray

tomwright117
tomwright117 Posts: 9
edited October 2018 in Vintage bikes forum
Does anyone know of a good place to get my frame re sprayed? I have sanded it down myself, but I feel like having it re sprayed by a professional would make a massive difference to the overal restoration. It’s a steel frame and I only want it sprayed one colour. Anyone know of a good london based company/person that would do it? I can afford to pay through the nose, and don’t actually have any idea how much it would cost. But I would guess it could be anything from £100-£500.
Cheers!

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Try a local autobody repair shop. Many are quite happy to spray a frame when doing a car as long as you prep it yourself first (mask off the threads etc) and are ok with whatever colour of car they're working on. That's how I got my fork lowers done. I'm sure many would let you pay a bit more to choose a colour though.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    get it powder coated then apply decals and getit lacqueredover.

done it a few times and it always work out bonzer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    There's a place near me, just outside the m25 to the south that powder coated a fame for me for £50. PM me if that's any help.
  • Matthewfalle
    Triple S in Bingley. Top work, same price as bloke above and his secret powdercoaters of secrecy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    Not really so secret but I thought it rude to identify them and the price together in case they want to charge a different amount when someone finds this randomly in a few month's time. Choosing between the two, I decided to keep the contact private but happy to share with anyone interested in having a powdercoat job done.
  • mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    You’ve not said what make of frame it is. If it’s a £100 mass produced frame then yes powder coat. If it’s a quality frame then don’t get it powder coated, spend the money and get a quality respray and painted decals.
  • kingdav wrote:
    There's a place near me, just outside the m25 to the south that powder coated a fame for me for £50. PM me if that's any help.

Mate, sorry for the slow reply! I’d be very interested in this one. I’ll try and DM you now. Cheers!
  • Argos were good (30 years ago) shite now
  • I've just had a frame done at willow powdercoaters in Mitcham, 80£ for steel frame and extra £10 for fork.

Job was good for the price, inside London that seems to be the going rate. Mario Vaz in SE London quoted me about £100 for powdercoat but they also do wet sprays for reasonable price. If it's vintage and lugged a wet spray would always be worth the money as powder coat doesn't tend to pick out the details aswell.
  • Matthewfalle
    pictures please thank you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    If you want a good professional lacquered and metallic finish with original decals then I would strongly recommend Atlantic Boulevard. They produce consistently brilliant results including my old battered Colnago returned to ‘as new’ if not better condition.

http://www.atlantic-boulevard.co.uk