Tire advise

Plantpowered89
Plantpowered89 Posts: 10
edited July 2018 in Road beginners
Hey guys. I’m relatively new to road cycling. I bought a Cannondale Synapse 6 used to use for cross training with running. I want to do a triathlon at some point. Anyway, I’ve fallen in love with cycling. I need new tires. I know absolutely nothing about road tires. I have a wonderful greenway trail system that allows me to ride over a hundred miles if I want. Some parts paved some parts are packed gravel. My bike has 700cx23 tires. I’d love to put 25s on but not sure they’d fit. The 23s really don’t give me any trouble though. What’s a good tire brand and type recommendation for these types of surfaces but also suitable for normal long country road rides. Thanks!

Comments

• ds2288
    ds2288 Posts: 36
    I'd definitely try a 25c. The Michelin Pro4 Endurance in 25c come out to about 27-28mm with about 80-85psi in them. They should fit in a Synapse 6 bit check your clearances first. They are plenty tough enough for packed gravel. Up to you though, there are heaps of good tyres available. However since you ride on a fair bit of packed gravel I'd err towards an endurance focused tyre with good puncture resistance over a fast tyre like a GP4000S ii.
  • I actually bought Continental gator skins. I got them in 25’s. I love them so far. What a difference a new set of tires makes.