Do you own a WHYTE with a Dropper?

iLukeKendall
iLukeKendall Posts: 160
edited July 2018 in MTB buying advice
Further to my post over in the workshop forum (viewtopic.php?f=10004&t=13093414), I’m looking for some advice from anyone who owns a Whyte frame, specifically one that uses an inter-grip integrated seat clamp, and is successfully running a dropper post. If that sounds like you, what posts are you running please?!

I recently purchased a Fox Transfer dropper, however the integrated seat clamp applies too much pressure even at 1Nm preventing the post from operating. I’m not sure if I’m just stuck without being able to use a dropper, or if an alterntive may work successfully, but I’d like to hear your opinions.

TIA.
Whyte 29-CS • Canyon Ultimate • #CCWMTB • Strava Profile

Comments

• jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    My mate just bought a Whyte t130rs and it has a Reverb I think. Sure it has the integrated clamp like yours too.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Reverbs come as standard on Whytes
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You could try with Whyte riders or Whyte owners Facebook pages, a higher percentage of Whyte riders on them!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    Looks like it is the dropper that is the problem. Those clamps work fine with Reverbs.