Spotted a 2014 Scott Foil 20

Fieryafterburner
Fieryafterburner Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Happened to bike past a house with a Scott Foil 20 for sale in the yard about three weeks ago. I rode past yesterday and saw it was still for sale. Seller is looking for $1000 but is negotiable. Frame is 52 cm... perfect size for me. I believe the asking price is reasonable if the bike is in excellent condition, as indicated on Bicycle Blue Book. Frame looked in great condition to me (pictures attached). Wasn't really looking for another bike but this may be a good deal.

This model is more oriented towards racing.. which I don't plan on partaking in. I mostly ride group rides and am interested in endurance riding, so this may not be the best option for that. I'm also a climber based on my body type so having a lighter bike will help. Still... this is an aero bike, not necessarily focused on lightweight qualities. Current bike is a 2011 Jamis Ventura Race which I am very happy with.

Would appreciate any comments/suggestions from those who have owned a Foil or been in a bike buying situation.

Thanks!

Comments

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    N +1
    The time to buy another bike is when you do not really need one. If you like it,you think it is a good buy,if your kids will still eat next week and you will still be able to make the next mortgage payment,buy it.
  • lesfirth wrote:
    N +1
    The time to buy another bike is when you do not really need one. If you like it,you think it is a good buy,if your kids will still eat next week and you will still be able to make the next mortgage payment,buy it.

Lol, luckily I don't have kids or a mortgage. I'm just an unemployed college graduate who feels like spending money is a punishment. If I was to spend money on any tangible item though, it would be a bike. You have it forever or almost forever and brings years of enjoyment, plus you get in shape.
  • You've answered your own question surely :D