2015 Norco Sight 1x conversion

Clive Dangus
Clive Dangus Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm looking to upgrade my 2x10 SRAM GX to a 1x11.
Has anyone done this on a 2015 Norco Sight Carbon? I'm not sure what cassette will fit the hub, if I'd need a different hub, or the size of the crank spindle.

Basically I want to know what is compatible for this bike?

Any help is massively appreciated.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any 11 speed MTB (not road) Shimano fit cassette will work.

Your cranks are BB92 so you need compatible crank or adaptors, you could probably get away with just fitting a narrow wide ring and not having a quite optimum chainline.

Why not go 1x10, no need for a chain, mech or shifter to be bought, much cheaper!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    The Rookie wrote:

Your cranks are BB92 so you need compatible crank or adaptors, you could probably get away with just fitting a narrow wide ring and not having a quite optimum chainline.

Why not go 1x10, no need for a chain, mech or shifter to be bought, much cheaper!

Get a wide range cassette and you might even have the same range as offered by the 1x11 you are thinking of. You will probably need a new chain.
  • The Rookie wrote:

Yeah, my cassette and chain have seen better days, plus I want a shiny new set up for Ard Rock in a few weeks.

Thanks a lot bud.