RockShox Fork Bushing Repalcement / Re-Sizing

CitizenLee
CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
edited July 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
My 2009 RS Lyrics U-Turns have developed the old death wobble under breaking so I was looking for the cheapest place to get the bushings replaced/re-sized but noticed most tuners don’t list it as an option anymore, and on one site they even go so far as to state the following:

"Please note that we have been advised by SRAM UK that fork bushings will not be available going forward for Rockshox forks and instead you will need to purchase a complete new lower leg. If you have any questions regarding this matter please get in touch."

Will this be the case for everyone now, or does anyone know if any tuners do still offer this service?

Cheers,

Lee
Current:
NukeProof Mega FR 2012
Cube NuRoad 2018
Previous:
2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cheaper than new bushings
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Lowe ... yrik+lower

Few others on Amazon for circa £65, still cheaper than new bushings fitted.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    The Rookie wrote:
    Cheaper than new bushings
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Lowe ... yrik+lower

Few others on Amazon for circa £65, still cheaper than new bushings fitted.

For all the time I spend on Amazon, I would have never thought to look there for fork lowers!

£27.99 is an amazing price!

Thanks Rookie, much appreciated! ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There are often some crazy cheap offers on Amazon, I put brand new 2017 Rev lowers on for £40, new bushes and new seals would cost that alone (old lowers sold for £25 to boot). Just bought an RCT3 damper (usually £100-130) for £66 as well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.