Which voodoo to get?

hexbugspider
hexbugspider Posts: 38
edited July 2018 in MTB beginners
I'm 5"9 and I'd like to get a voodoo mountain bike. It's between the voodoo hoodoo and the voodoo bizango. Not sure about the 29ers on the bizango, saw them in person and they do look rather big. But saying that I haven't actually tried them. Any opinions on which to get?

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    You'd be looking at at medium size frame or maybe large.

Those work perfectly fine as 29er.
    The first time I sat on a 29er it seemed like the front tyre stretched off into the next county, but after a while you don't notice it.
    Degintely go for 29 if budget allows it.
  • Matty2B
    Matty2B Posts: 62
    Sorry, nobody here can answer that conclusively for you. Some like 29ers, some 27.5, many still love their 26 inch wheels (though maintaining one is getting harder due to the reducing availability of spares). You are going to have to try a 27.5 back to back with a 29er over the same trails to know which is for you.
    Getting better slowly, one crash at a time!
    Marin Hawk Hill 2 2018
    Kinesis Tripster AT, SRAM Apex
    Specialized Crossroads 2000
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    If you go by specs alone the Biz wins, but then it costs more.

Like Matty says, you'd need to ride them back to back to see if the different wheelsizes make any difference to you.

I haven't ridden a 27.5 bike to see if it is the supposed sweet spot, but I do prefer 26 to 29 inch.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8