Cheap non-Garmin speed sensors??

londoncommuter
londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Has anyone used one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYCPLUS-IPX7 ... 2045034834?

£9 v's £30 for the Garmin and and a bit more flexibility with ANT+ and Bluetooth. Counts for nothing if it doesn't work though.

On a related issue, I want it to use with a turbo now but was thinking it might be handy for the bike as well. I get annoying auto pausing on hills with the 520. Yes, I'm going slowly but not less than the cut off! Guessing it's a combination of going slowly and many hills having lots of tree cover? Is it better to use a speed sensor?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I get annoying auto pausing on hills with the 520.

Always good to have a speed sensor rather than relying on gps. However, why not just turn off the auto pause?? A speed sensor won't prevent the auto pause kicking in if it's on and you are doing under 4mph (or whatever it's set to).
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    redvision wrote:
    I get annoying auto pausing on hills with the 520.

Always good to have a speed sensor rather than relying on gps. However, why not just turn off the auto pause?? A speed sensor won't prevent the auto pause kicking in if it's on and you are doing under 4mph (or whatever it's set to).

I think mine's set to 1mph and will autopause when I'm slow (but not that slow) and when it kicks in again, it'll show maybe 4mph. Feels like it also must be something to do with the GPS. Anyway, not a huge issue.

Anyone tried to be stingy with the generic sensors?