Sidi shoe sizing

gleaney
gleaney Posts: 32
edited July 2018 in Road general
Hi guys and gals Quick question.
I’m looking at getting a pair of Sidi carbon wire shoes. I’m normally a size 9 in a normal shoe. Any suggestions on what I should pick for the Sidi shoe as the reviews seam to say go for a size up. ie. 45?
Any thoughts?
Regards
G

Comments

• milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    gleaney wrote:
    Hi guys and gals Quick question.
    I’m looking at getting a pair of Sidi carbon wire shoes. I’m normally a size 9 in a normal shoe. Any suggestions on what I should pick for the Sidi shoe as the reviews seam to say go for a size up. ie. 45?
    Any thoughts?
    Regards
    G

They come up small usually, go for a size up, would be my advice.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Ok length wise but width wise they're noticeably tight and narrow.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • I recently got a new pair of Sidi shoes. I’m usually 9.5 or 10 in normal shoes and I needed a size 47 in the Sidi shoes which is supposed to be size 11. But as previous post said, I’m also finding them quite narrow, and my feet aren’t particularly wide.

It used to be easy buying shoes of all types, but these days sizing seems to be all over the place.
  • evs78
    evs78 Posts: 133
    I am a size 9 in most shoes and have the 44 genius fit 5 (which is a wider fit than standard). Best shoes I’ve had.

I’d just order a pair and try them though as fit can be a personal preference in terms of room, etc.
    All the gear and no idea...
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    ben@31 wrote:
    Ok length wise but width wise they're noticeably tight and narrow.
    Perhaps one of these may help. It did for me on my various items of footwear. I too, have wide feet.
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    I'm also a size 9 and take a 44 Sidi shoe. I've got two pairs and can definitely recommend them.