Buying Whole Bike from China

2»

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I think it may be worth clarifying that there is a difference between

"Chinese Replica/counterfeit" and "Chinese Open Mould"

The former, in my view, cater for those obsessed with logos and branding and deceiving 3rd parties about what they are riding and I would be much more wary of the quality control process.

The latter generally have very positive reviews, often good trading history and even good feedback of dealing with warranties. These use open moulds and are able to personalize their own carbon/resin layups to create the bike they want. Currently the FM-066 is one of the best selling framesets, but also available as the FM-066SL, which is the same frame as the Viner Maxima (I think) as well as some others.

One of the large magazines/reviewers went to china and said if this was in Italy and filled with Italians, it would be called artisan. Making CF framesets isn't that hard by all accounts.
  • polaxgr
    polaxgr Posts: 9
    polaxgr wrote:
    I've had wheels from Farsports and never had a problem

Currently have an aero bike that i bought as a frame and wheels from China. Painted it myself and built up with bits from the parts bin and ebay/forum purchases. Cost about £1100 max, probably less. It goes like s### off a shovel, looks fantastic and completely problem free. Buy form the right seller and you will probably be fine.

I will buy from Farsports, now my dilemma is dt 350 or 240 ? Any suggestion guys?

Also the frameset i want is counterfeit...i am sorry..SORRY...but i like it...thats why i wanna hear opinions about those in particular..
    If they were any good at making frames they wouldn't need to fake it.

that opinion is up for debate.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    polaxgr wrote:
    polaxgr wrote:

Currently have an aero bike that i bought as a frame and wheels from China. Painted it myself and built up with bits from the parts bin and ebay/forum purchases. Cost about £1100 max, probably less. It goes like s### off a shovel, looks fantastic and completely problem free. Buy form the right seller and you will probably be fine.

I will buy from Farsports, now my dilemma is dt 350 or 240 ? Any suggestion guys?

Also the frameset i want is counterfeit...i am sorry..SORRY...but i like it...thats why i wanna hear opinions about those in particular..

How do you mean?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    polaxgr wrote:
    polaxgr wrote:

How do you mean?
    I think they are going present a reasoned argument to refute the thought that a frameset that is sold as counterfeit might not be as good as the real thing.
  • polaxgr
    polaxgr Posts: 9
    Ritalalala wrote:
    I bought the wheelset and framework of ICAN. Is anyone the same?
    It works well.

i was considering ICAN myself. Any pictures? Reviews?