GXP adaptor to fit a BB-R60 BB

flopstocks
flopstocks Posts: 110
edited June 2018 in Workshop
After my previous SRAM GXP lasting just four months I decided to try a Shimano BB with the 22mm GXP bearing adaptor.

I have the Shimano Bottom bracket here and unfortunately the spacer will not fit the Left hand cup, it fits the right hand cup fine but it has to go in the Left cup.

I think the shoulder on the spacer is stopping it from going in enough, have Shimano changed anything on this BB to stop using the conversion adaptor?

Comments

• paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    Is the adapter the Hope Truvativ GPX one?
    I’ve used one of these on a Hope BB but although the Hope is HT2 compatible it is not exactly the same as a Shimano HT2 BB such as the BB-R60.
  • flopstocks
    paulbnix wrote:
    Is the adapter the Hope Truvativ GPX one?
    I’ve used one of these on a Hope BB but although the Hope is HT2 compatible it is not exactly the same as a Shimano HT2 BB such as the BB-R60.

No I purchased a GXP adaptor off eBay, clearly states compatible with Hollowtech 2. But there is no way it will fit in the left hand cup.
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    I didn’t realise they existed. Much cheaper option than Hope - if it works.

What is different about the lh and rh ht2 BB shells?
  • flopstocks
    paulbnix wrote:
    I didn’t realise they existed. Much cheaper option than Hope - if it works.

What is different about the lh and rh ht2 BB shells?

The lh shell appears to have a lip inside preventing the spacer from going in fully. I have ordered a cheaper deore BB now hoping this fits.

Here is the spacer

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-HTII-t ... SwvvBarBh8
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Wheels international make these things, Sigma (amongst others) sell loads of variants.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • flopstocks
    My Deore BB arrived today, and I still have the same issue with this one :evil: