What specialized is this. Is it an M4 ?

B_The_Biker
B_The_Biker Posts: 36
edited July 2018 in MTB general
https://www.flickr.com/photos/160155679 ... 731452089/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/160155679 ... 731452089/
I’ve uploaded to my flickr, he’s saying it’s s works demo 8, and wants 4000 for it, looks like a painted M4 to me though. Can anybody recognise what it is

Comments

• fixerupper
    fixerupper Posts: 32
    I can't see the Photo?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I can't see the photos either. You need to set permission to make them public.

M4 is not a model of bike. It is the grade of aluminium the frame is constructed from.

How old is the bike?
    Demo 8's have been constructed from either M5 aluminium alloy or carbon fibre for the last few years.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Oh sorry that’s the advert https://en.shpock.com/i/WwYm2LvCpnj5Evw3/?lft=
  • hantstooflat
    hantstooflat Posts: 122
    Avoid it like the plague. Looks proper knackered with no S Works parts, the front brake isn't connected and it looks like a single speed. Also I'm not sure any of the demo frames every had bottle cages.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • hantstooflat
    hantstooflat Posts: 122
    Avoid it like the plague. Looks proper knackered with no S Works parts, the front brake isn't connected and it looks like a single speed. Also I'm not sure any of the demo frames every had bottle cages.

In fact I am not sure it's even a Specialized frame.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    He's on drugs. Strong ones.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Where are the logos?

Looks dodgy to me.

Does it need s works

Lots of non dodgy looking demo 8s on ebay for 1/4 the price.
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    cooldad wrote:
    He's on drugs. Strong ones.

Looks dodgy as hell, look at the background in the big picture of the white bike, there's a claw hammer lying on the floor and the general state of the room it's in.

It's probably stolen whatever it is, and look what else he's selling, a silver pendant that's been bought from a TV shopping channel with only one instalment paid if of you look at the photo of the 'paperwork' that he's only had for a week.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    That's looks like the real deal to me and worth every penny, just look at the original SWorks claw hammer on the floor and it has disc "Breaks". No wonder the person selling it asks for no time wasters.

If anyone buys it for £4,000 let me know as I have an original SWorks broom and bucket set available for £10,000 ono.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That is definitely not a Demo8. Shock mount is wrong for a starter.
    In fact, I don't think it is even a Specialized frame.

Ask the seller to let you have the frame number so you can do a check on it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    I wouldn't even pay £400 for that.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Worth about £150-200 tops.

Even if it were Demo 8 that frame is pre 2010 vintage (based on External headset, V-brake bosses) and it would be worth about £600 tops.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I used to ride a Demo 8, and I can 100% say that bike is not a Demo! The older models had a 3 bar swingarm and they've never in their history had V-Brake mounts. Can't remember if they had bottle mounts but pretty sure they didn't (actually, I think they had one under the downtube).

It is definitely a Specialized frame (you can tell by the link-plate and also the headtube/downtube junction), probably an early 2000s XC Comp, then with a collection of other stolen parts bolted on to it.

Avoid at all costs.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Cool. I wasn’t buying just knew it couldn’t be a S works
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Jeezuz.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's an FSR XC frame, 2005-2008 vintage. Could be M4, could be A1. Either way it's a total heap of crap, it was never supposed to have dual crown forks, will ride like a total dog and is quite possibly stolen.