I was thinking continental mountain king
but was reading something about magic mary with maxxis ardent combo
And its 27.5 tires

Thank you
and hello from Croatia

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It depends on what the actual surface you ride on is made up of and what your priorities are in terms of balancing grip versus drag.

A Magic Mary is a pretty draggy tyre and I wouldn't be putting them on a race style hardtail.

If its mostly dry I'd look towards something like a Rocket Ron up front in the Trail compound and a Racing Ralph out back in Speed.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • t0ffeeman
    t0ffeeman Posts: 47
    I used to have some Maxxis Ardents and didn't like the feel of them, too skittish for me. I've since fitted Schwalbe Nobby Nics and they are loads better, they have loads of grip in all but the muddiest of conditions and roll well with no noticeable drag.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I ride in the woods all the time and I very much like Conti Trail King 2.2", but they must have the black chilli compound. They are pretty much an all year round tyre. OK, there are better mud tyres, but they are carp when its not muddy. There are also better tyres for dry flat roads, but whilst they are light and fast they fail on the grip test. The Conti TK was the first tyre I ever had that I could ride all year round.

Don't get them if you intend to commute on them!
  • joebristol
    joebristol Posts: 327
    The mountain kings in black chilli 2.4 are quite good all rounders - I had them on my 130mm trail bike (fs) a few years ago and it was pretty good. I’d say they’re good on hardpack and natural stuff that isn’t too muddy or rooty.

The Magic Mary is a completely different sort of tyre though. It’s much bigger for any given quoted size and drags more. However it’s much more aggressive and grippy in non hardpack stuff. Not an ideal xc tyre but a good aggressive trail / enduro tyre.
  • mark_fogel
    mark_fogel Posts: 158
    Croatia should be hot and dry at this time of the year, I would not bother with tractor tyres and stick with lighter dry weather tyres myself. Mountain King - X King combo, could even go X King front and Race King rear
    or Nobby Nic/ Rocket Ron - Racing Ralpf.

Obviously look at other brands for similar type tyres.
  • Leo_Cro
    Leo_Cro Posts: 3
    Thank you all for reply's, i'll see what can i get here