Question for Endura Pro SL II owners

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 793
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
Have you noticed any signs of the grippers at the bottom of the leg coming off? I have a pair of Endura FS260 Pro shorts and I really like the pad, but the gripper on the right leg has completely peeled off with little use. The gripper on the Pro SL II's looks slightly different so I'm hoping that's solved the problem.

Cheers

Comments

• londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Oh, I was about to buy a the model I you've got. Has that happened to others as well?
  • prhymeate
    Oh, I was about to buy a the model I you've got. Has that happened to others as well?

Not that I know of, everyone seems to rave about them and the left leg is fine. I've contacted the place I bought them from and they've asked for pictures. I bought them back in Sept 17 though, so quite a while, even though I only used them a handful of times before it started to peel.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Prhymeate wrote:

Not that I know of, everyone seems to rave about them and the left leg is fine. I've contacted the place I bought them from and they've asked for pictures. I bought them back in Sept 17 though, so quite a while, even though I only used them a handful of times before it started to peel.

I had this issue. The issue you mention is something Endura were aware of as I rang them and they replaced mine under warranty. The new version has a new gripper. Hope that helps.
  • prhymeate
    Prhymeate wrote:

I had this issue. The issue you mention is something Endura were aware of as I rang them and they replaced mine under warranty. The new version has a new gripper. Hope that helps.

Ah, thata good to know. I've contacted endura directly and sent a photo so we'll see what they say. Cheers!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Number of problems with our Endura club kit, lot of people not very impressed.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • prhymeate
    Number of problems with our Endura club kit, lot of people not very impressed.

Are they the Pro SL II shorts?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Don't know didn't pay too much attention as I've no intention of buying it. World Tour jersey sleeves fraying was the one that I remember but there were a couple of other issues.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • prhymeate

I contacted Endura who told me to contact the place I purchased them from. They have issued me with a refund as they don't have any in stock...which is a bit frustrating as I picked them up for £50 in the sale. Oh well, I'm going to give La Passione shorts a try and see what happens.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Prhymeate wrote:

I contacted Endura who told me to contact the place I purchased them from. They have issued me with a refund as they don't have any in stock...which is a bit frustrating as I picked them up for £50 in the sale. Oh well, I'm going to give La Passione shorts a try and see what happens.
    Be warned, the leg grippers on those are (or at least were) horrifically tight, leading to sausage leg on all but long-dead people and mannequins.