Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday space travel's in my blood

sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, early bail

yawn, too much bubbly last night, followed by too much port, still no sign of gout, must be immune like with the other stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,754
    Morning, a. Lot better weather today at least they wind has dropped, I looked at two cars yesterday both petrol, not to sure about the rs6 though nice estate car to say the least :)
    I might just settle for the a6 estate
    Have a good Friday
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,075
    My week of non ale continued despite going to the local where I had two pints of water :(

    Today is drop the car of at the stealers for a recall and then WFH

    Later is a couple of pubs, but driving again
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,368
    Morning. Chill out day apart from quick meet and greet with mutley and prospective dog boarder for upcoming family holiday. Maybe a spin out later and a few beers.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
    pleasant start at cafe for bowl of berries, plus a pastry, and coffees to read my inyt by, mild and mostly sunny, downhill from here according to forecast
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    I've suggested to my employers that cafe Fryday and cake Friday be replaced with Happy Friday. For some reason they didn't seem impressed. I suppose I'll just have to plod on and make do with cafe and cakes for the time being. Later is pub with the Mrs, until then customer avoidance and tea drinking.
    Forgot to say, mainly for Stevo's benefit, the girl child has her last GCSE today. Phew, glad that's over. :mrgreen:
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,264
    I don't think Happy Friday would go down too well here either.

    Morning,

    Already been out to twiddle some nuts, back in the office for the rest of the day.
    Nice quick ride to work - downhill and a tailwind, but that means uphill and probably headwind home.
    The builders' fence across the cycle path had blown down so hooray it's open again (kind of). I didn't stamp on it too hard.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    Wrestling with the crossword, which is the second stinker in as many days. Had my lunch. I might gaze at the screens, see whether Uruguay can vanquish the mighty 'gyptians.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    settling is never a good job, take the RS6 and never look back. Best one car garage going. Had a TT out this morning after the Q5 on wednesday. Just need to convince the Date she doesn't mind the TT (she shouldn't it isn't the rwd of my bmw)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,633
    veronese68 wrote:
    Forgot to say, mainly for Stevo's benefit, the girl child has her last GCSE today. Phew, glad that's over. :mrgreen:
    We're not out of it until next Thursday :| Bloody Further Maths...

    I've only just escaped from a 3 hour meeting with the Inland Revenue. All went well - they swallowed our stories hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times (and our sandwiches as well - greedy bar stewards) :D I deserve a good drink when I get home...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,131
    Afternoon.
    Spent the morning pick and shovelling in the back garden, then carrying it down to the skip. Trying to watch the Cycling now but the bloody Eurosport app can’t recognise my location.
    Might have to have a nap instead.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Forgot to say, mainly for Stevo's benefit, the girl child has her last GCSE today. Phew, glad that's over. :mrgreen:
    We're not out of it until next Thursday :| Bloody Further Maths...
    Quite glad ours said no when she was asked if she wanted to do it. The lad did it, but he's not a worrier so there was far less grief for us to deal with.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Considering doing a big run or something after work in training for tomorrow's beer festival. Also need to sort out the big bouncy bike in prep for sale this weekend, and decide what ridiculously inappropriate bike I should replace it with
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Forgot to say, mainly for Stevo's benefit, the girl child has her last GCSE today. Phew, glad that's over. :mrgreen:
    We're not out of it until next Thursday :| Bloody Further Maths...
    Quite glad ours said no when she was asked if she wanted to do it. The lad did it, but he's not a worrier so there was far less grief for us to deal with.

    and i bet neither of you showed them the motivational videos the MFs suggested when all this started.

    oh well, don't blame them when the results come out .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,075
    haydenm wrote:
    Considering doing a big run or something after work in training for tomorrow's beer festival. Also need to sort out the big bouncy bike in prep for sale this weekend, and decide what ridiculously inappropriate bike I should replace it with
    Head to coed y’brenin - I hear there is a big run on there tomorrow
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
    gave up on the early bail as some killing had to be done

    smidge of sun today, looking cloudy and colder for the weekend, sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    TDV just walked through the door in an unexpected early return

    good job the footy is on and not NATN is all the MFs and I and I can say.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,248
    “It’s all about the work/life balance – professionally I feel so much happier when I don’t have to go to the office, do any work, or look at the cretinous, moon-like faces of those jabbering idiots I work with.”

    Like ^.

    Me tidied me. Big tidy. In the words of D Trump; "It was a beautiful tidy, the best...".
    Tomorrow laminating. Monday balustrade and then... PPP is ostensibly finished bar a heap of silly jobs.

    Laters (on the squares thread).
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    pinno wrote:
    “It’s all about the work/life balance – professionally I feel so much happier when I don’t have to go to the office, do any work, or look at the cretinous, moon-like faces of those jabbering idiots I work with.”

    Like ^.

    Me tidied me. Big tidy. In the words of D Trump; "It was a beautiful tidy, the best...".
    Tomorrow laminating. Monday balustrade and then... PPP is ostensibly finished bar a heap of silly jobs.

    Laters (on the squares thread).

    you pointing at me and me and the MFs?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Flâneur wrote:
    settling is never a good job, take the RS6 and never look back. Best one car garage going. Had a TT out this morning after the Q5 on wednesday. Just need to convince the Date she doesn't mind the TT (she shouldn't it isn't the rwd of my bmw)

    hilux and a fifty cal.

    job jobbed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
    Flâneur wrote:
    settling is never a good job, take the RS6 and never look back. Best one car garage going. Had a TT out this morning after the Q5 on wednesday. Just need to convince the Date she doesn't mind the TT (she shouldn't it isn't the rwd of my bmw)

    hilux and a fifty cal.

    job jobbed.
    yeah, get a technical, use it to mow down scooter-borne scum, scum in cars, other scum, any scum, just scum

    pro tip: incendiary tracer is more photogenic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    sungod wrote:
    gave up on the early bail as some killing had to be done
    Bu...but ... but it’s Friday, POETS day.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
    that just made my wrath even more terrible
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    sungod wrote:
    that just made my wrath even more terrible
    Sorry, woe betide the cretinous moon-faced jabbering idiots come Monday.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    I successfully slacked off to join the Mrs in the pub. Busy week next week and only 4 days to do it in.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    sungod wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    settling is never a good job, take the RS6 and never look back. Best one car garage going. Had a TT out this morning after the Q5 on wednesday. Just need to convince the Date she doesn't mind the TT (she shouldn't it isn't the rwd of my bmw)

    hilux and a fifty cal.

    job jobbed.
    yeah, get a technical, use it to mow down scooter-borne scum, scum in cars, other scum, any scum, just scum

    pro tip: incendiary tracer is more photogenic

    I know Liverpool is like downtown Mog but still I don't have to venture there.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,633
    veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    that just made my wrath even more terrible
    Sorry, woe betide the cretinous moon-faced jabbering idiots come Monday.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    I successfully slacked off to join the Mrs in the pub. Busy week next week and only 4 days to do it in.
    Does taking Monday off count? :)

    3 day week for me next week, followed by holiday.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.