Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Cycle to work schemes

sarequadssarequads Posts: 18
edited July 2018 in Commuting chat
Ive used "Cycle2work" scheme before but now im trying to set my work up with another scheme. What others operate the same as cycle2work where you use your national insurance number. Im looking at "cycle scheme and it looks like your employer needs to front some cash first. WHat schemes just come off your wage without any initial investment from your employer? thanks

• keef66keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I thought the whole point was the employer buys the bike then you pay for it monthly via salary sacrifice?
  • sarequadssarequads Posts: 18
    keef66 wrote:
    I thought the whole point was the employer buys the bike then you pay for it monthly via salary sacrifice?

Yes that is the case for cycle2work but a friend of mine, his work setup a scheme but it required the employer to front cash that they would claim back from the employee. The one I'm currently looking at is talking about (cycle scheme) is "waiting on payment" but im not sure from who.
  • fenixfenix Posts: 5,437
    Is that not the same thing ???
  • navtnavt Posts: 374
    sarequads wrote:
    The one I'm currently looking at is talking about (cycle scheme) is "waiting on payment" but im not sure from who.
    From your employer. The scheme operator will invoice your employer (fronts the cash) and in turn issues a voucher (paper or electronic) to you.
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    Cyclescheme is the biggest and has the largest range of retailers (including some online only like Planet-X).
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,960
    *** Holy threads ALIVE ***

So i'm considering CTW scheme to buy a few parts from Wiggle, but the cycletowork version of wiggle doesn't use my platinum discount so the overall basket value is a lot more, can i just add stuff on the normal wiggle site and ask them to quote so i can get my voucher from work or do i need to use the profit share link Cyclescheme forward you to?
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.