Bananas don't agree with me?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited June 2018 in Commuting chat
Surely I'm not the only one, but went on a ride yesterday and had an upset tum, first time in ages but also first time I've eaten nanas on the ride.

Normally I'm fine with bananas, but I think something about them sends my stomach nuts, cramps,etc

Anyone else get this, or just me?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I have a banana on my desk, so I thought I'd try this out. I asked what it thought of my views on Brexit; from the diplomatic silence, I can only conclude it disagrees...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • secretsam
    TGOTB wrote:
    I have a banana on my desk, so I thought I'd try this out. I asked what it thought of my views on Brexit; from the diplomatic silence, I can only conclude it disagrees...

While you're in negotiations with the above-mentioned fruit, ask it whether it's the cause of my digestive woes

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    SecretSam wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

While you're in negotiations with the above-mentioned fruit, ask it whether it's the cause of my digestive woes
    Sorry, it's not talking to me at all; knew I shouldn't have mentioned Brexit :-(
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I think the silence of the banana is an indicator of guilt with respect to both issues.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    My nana is dead. Explains the silence.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    TGOTB wrote:
    Bloody bananas, coming here, taking over our fruit and veg sections, displacing our poor English apples, upsetting our tums....
  • secretsam
    mrfpb wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Bloody bananas, coming here, taking over our fruit and veg sections, displacing our poor English apples, upsetting our tums....

To be fair, an apple's pretty tricky to carry and eat on a bike

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    SecretSam wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Just core it and use a bungee to hold it in your mouth?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    SecretSam wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Only if you insist on peeling it
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I've been cultivating one on my desk at work for a few weeks now, its almost ready ..

too either run away on its own or disappear, smells pretty nice
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.