Specialized tyre stuck

Foriousbikes
Foriousbikes Posts: 13
edited June 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Specialized Rock rider sport silver, the tyre is stuck? It says specialized resolution 2.0 it's totally not budging and when tyre compressed sounds like dog toy is? Sorry is stupid but tried searching and hitting dead end. Don't want to get charged if its something not that hard. Also have accidently lost valve now in between rim and tyre... Help please?

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Are you trying to remove the tyre?

There must be oodles of videos showing how to do this, have you viewed any?

You need to fully deflate the tyre, then work your way around it pushing the tyre walls into the centre, there is a central dip in the rim that results in the tyre being loosened.
  • Yes but it won't fully deflate. I've changed many tyres that are simply tyre leaver opisite side etc this is full on stuck like it's glued? No indication that it's tube less?
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    It sounds like the tube is only partially deflated. And now the valve has disappeared into the tyre you can't deflate it further. Shove a sharp object through the valve hole and puncture the tube. Then to remove the tyre, try this:

Lay the wheel on something flat and firm, so that the rim is supported and the hub/brake disc is unsupported. (Like between two blocks of wood, or across work bench with a well in the middle). Then with the handle of a hammer or screwdriver (I use the handle of my mini-pump), push down very firmly on the tyre - right next to the rim. The object is to press the tyre bead off the rim and into the wheel well. Work your way around until the tyre is disengaged all the way around. Now use your tyre levers to pull the tyre bead onto the outside of the rim. Remove the tube. Then do the other side of the tyre and remove the tyre from the wheel.

It is important to get the tyre into the wheel well as it will give you some slack and enable easier removal.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    How do you lose the valve ?
  • fixerupper
    fixerupper Posts: 32
    ... I have had old tires refusing to come away from the rims before . a G clamp and two blocks of wood either side on the tire, tighten the clamp until the bead comes away .Then work your way around the wheel ....Is the valve core still in the valve ?....
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Yes but it won't fully deflate. I've changed many tyres that are simply tyre leaver opisite side etc this is full on stuck like it's glued? No indication that it's tube less?

Did you fit the tyre?

It could be a tubeless conversion so there is sealant inside the tyre, means it is glued on at the bead plus the sealant may be blocking the valve making it hard to deflate.

As usual not seeing it nor knowing the full story it is a matter of guessing.
  • fixerupper
    fixerupper Posts: 32
    02GF74 wrote:
    Yes but it won't fully deflate. I've changed many tyres that are simply tyre leaver opisite side etc this is full on stuck like it's glued? No indication that it's tube less?

Did you fit the tyre?

It could be a tubeless conversion so there is sealant inside the tyre, means it is glued on at the bead plus the sealant may be blocking the valve making it hard to deflate.

As usual not seeing it nor knowing the full story it is a matter of guessing.
    Yes Foriousbikes ...got any photos ? it would help to see what's going on with the tire ....