2013 Trek 2.1 vs 2014 Cannondale CAAD10

dylk2010
dylk2010 Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Road beginners
I'm brand new to the game here. I have never owned a Road Bike. But I'm very interested in getting some miles under my belt in the very near future.

I have two private sellers in my area, one selling a 2013 Trek 2.1 ($500) and the other selling a 2014 Cannondale CAAD10 Rival ($500, as well). Both bikes are in excellent condition. I was wondering if the community here could clue me in on what I would be getting into with either bike, I've done my fair share of research, but personal experiences are a lot more helpful than magazine/internet reviews.

I am looking for a bike to commute to work with, travel country roads and occasionally city streets on (downtown Pittsburgh), and take on a fair share of hilly areas. Eventually taking extensive trips (Pittsburgh to Washington D.C.). I will not be racing, by any means.

Any information would be useful. I'm not looking for the "ride each bike, and whatever is more comfortable for you" answers. I plan on test driving both. I just need some personal experience insight beforehand. I truly appreciate any of your help.

P.S. I apologize if I have broken any rules for the thread, I'm really not sure if I did or not.

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Either should be loads of fun. Ive got a caad 10 its great, no concerns at all.
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    Caad has the reputation of the best alu frame on those forums, if that helps