Helmet for big headed guy

jorgeglz14
jorgeglz14 Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hello my name is Jorge i am interested in getting a mtb or general cycling helmet for my head 67cm in circumference. So far i havent found anything after 1 year of searching. Can you help me?

There is a business called big head caps. A very well known website, and they have been trying to set up a deal with brands tu make helmets for people like us. but Nothing so far.

Can you help me? Maybe somebody knows of a company i havent tought of. Or any advice

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Have you actually tried them on, rather than just looking at the size guide on the internet?

I have bought helmets that were supposedly the right size for me and found them either too big or too small.

Maybe if you attended a Cycle Show (or a big bike shop) and tried every helmet available, you might find something close.

Would you consider removing the padding and rely on your hair or a buff to provide the padding instead?
  • Not sure what size head I have (but it is bloody massive).
    The only brand that fits my melon-shaped bonce comfortably is Giro.
    Other than than, Troy Lee Designs helmets fit, as do POC, but I haven't found anything that fits as well.

As said previously, you will have to try a few on and see which brand fits best - every brand fits differently on my head.
    (I have found that once I have found a brand that fits, I can order any helmet from that particular manufacturer.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Thank you for taking your time and answering. I will pay heed to your advice
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I also have a mekon sized head and find going to a good sized bike shop is the best approach and try on as many as you can. Even helmets that are large enough may not be the right shape for your head. The more expensive helmets tend to have better adjustment so it can be worth paying a little extra.