thursday investigating alternate topologies for spacetime

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, stuff, cafe, wfh

out tonight, must try not to get utterly plastered (again)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast again , work followed by a bike ride weather permitting rain forecast for this afternoon, if so swimming and sauna
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Hybrid commute for my Friday :)

Later is a party at friends
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Back and hips sore from yesterday’s pick and shovelling, need to avoid doing any today. Probably not fit enough to do anything other than drink coffee.
    Might go back to bed.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Morning

Nice and sunny here, but too tired for bike so just having a lazy day.
    Had to lug my kit bag back to the office, now my shoulder hurts.
  • sungod
    outside café number two in cloudy fitzrovia for a pre dentist dentist espresso, choc cake looking tempting
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    "lucky" dentist, getting to root around in sg's chocolate cake encrusted gob.

I might see if I can find a pie for lunch. Either that or a massive baguette stuffed with meat from the butcher.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    we're on lockdown.

inconvenient to say the least.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:

I might see if I can find a pie for lunch. Either that or a massive baguette stuffed with meat from the butcher.
    i resisted the cake, this took superhuman effort
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    Nice pre work ride this morning, could have been one of my faster loops if it was a nice calm sunny day instead of windy, foggy and cold.

Massive night out on Saturday so I'd best have another early night to get myself ready.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

i resisted the cake, this took superhuman effort

Have a whole cake for lunch? Line the stomach for drinks later!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Massive night out on Saturday so I'd best have another early night to get myself ready.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to get some practice in?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Good pedal in, left Strifey and Stropteen to get on with the GCSE routine. Now stuffing my face after dishing out some unpleasant home truths to one of our subsidiaries who think that head office is just an infinite money supply. Adapt or die, folks...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    Veronese68 wrote:

That sir, is a very good idea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Happy to be of service HD.

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover has passed, didn't really have time to pay it much heed today as it's been a bit manic in here again. Decided I was working too hard so skipped off for lunch with the Mrs. Italian deli was full so we went to a little restaurant up the road, not as good as the deli and the service was painfully slow. This meant I had to pedal back a bit harder than was ideal with a full belly. Just over an hour to go then it's time to wobble home.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just over an hour to go then it's time to wobble home.

Part timer.

Me set a concrete stand for the whirly gig me. That was after wrestling with the flue liner fitting it to the actual woodburner with a sleeve, an adaptor, a 130mm ss clamp... Only 3 hours. Also fitted a laundry rack in the utility room and... the bedrooms have been carpeted. Yippee.

Can't finish balustrade until the top plank of Oak turns up.
    Can't tile and laminate the kitchen/UR until the kitchen fitters have finished.
    Can't do the shelving in the airing cupboard until sparky wires the new immersion tank in.
    Can't get the rest of the carpeting done until the balustrade is fitted (see 1).

Squeaky bum time.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sound advice, you wouldn’t run a marathon without any training