Saddle Recommendation

Dethagorf
Dethagorf Posts: 14
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
Hello, I am currently using Selle Italia X1, on my roadbike and I use my bike for long rides.
I want to change my saddle which will keep me comfortable and if it's possible lighter than my current saddle.
What saddle do you recommend?

Comments

• mrpbennett
    mrpbennett Posts: 102
    Have you had a look at Fizik? I have recently got a new Fizik saddle, they also have a nifty app that you can use to see which model you need.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Specialized Power.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    It all depends on your arse. One persons cushion is anothers bed of needles.

I am using a Fizik Aliante and seems quite comfortable.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Another Selle iTalia if that one works for you.

I use SLRs and they are perfect for me but incredibly painful for other people.

Only way is to try.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mapaputsi
    Mapaputsi Posts: 104
    It’s a personal preference really, and unfortunately it can come down to trial and error. I was lucky that Selle’s work fine for me, never had an issue with any of their models.

Another thing to consider is the quality of your chamois – if the saddle you currently run was once comfortable then your shorts could need replacing/upgrading.
  • Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Not gonna recommend anything bc saddle choice shouldn't be a recommendation. Get your ass off the counch and sit on as many saddles as possible.