National championship rule

nicleza
nicleza Posts: 30
edited June 2018 in Road general
I am wondering a bit about the rules regarding foreign riders in national championships. Are there any UCI rule that says no to foreigners or does every national association make up own rules? I'm in a team which are participating in the nationals but I am a foreigner with a foreign license. I would never win, but if I did...what the hell. :shock:
Does anyone know about this rule and could point me in the direction where I can read it?

Kindly regards / Foreigner.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Here's the eligibility criteria for the BC National Road champs, if that helps. Other UCI national champs are likely to follow the same pattern...
    ELIGIBILITY (ALL COMPETITIONS)
    All entrants must:
    • Be British nationals (i.e. hold a British passport denoting status as British Citizen).
    • If holding dual nationality, or having changed nationality, be recognised under the procedures of the UCI
    and British Cycling as holding British nationality for the purpose of cycling competition.
    • Hold a valid full racing licence issued by a UCI-recognised cycling federation.
    • Hold a British Cycling “Race” membership at gold or silver level.
  • nicleza
    nicleza Posts: 30
    Imposter wrote:
    Here's the eligibility criteria for the BC National Road champs, if that helps. Other UCI national champs are likely to follow the same pattern...
    ELIGIBILITY (ALL COMPETITIONS)
    All entrants must:
    • Be British nationals (i.e. hold a British passport denoting status as British Citizen).
    • If holding dual nationality, or having changed nationality, be recognised under the procedures of the UCI
    and British Cycling as holding British nationality for the purpose of cycling competition.
    • Hold a valid full racing licence issued by a UCI-recognised cycling federation.
    • Hold a British Cycling “Race” membership at gold or silver level.

Thank you. As I suspected, I should compete in my country and not somewhere else. Do you have a link?