Which chain guide do i need?

Chriswinter96
Chriswinter96 Posts: 6
edited June 2018 in MTB beginners
Hello, i have recently changed my bike from a 2x9 to a 1x9 and now i have removed the derailleur i don't fancy the chain hopping off every time it gets a bit rough. Very unsure on what guide would fit my bike, its a 2018 voodoo minustor. if someone could point me in the right direction of what guide i would need that would be great, thanks.

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Try the RSP Chain Director. It is a £14 copy of the Bionicon chain device (£33) and it works the same and lasts the same. I've used both.
  • i did have a look at that but I'm more after one that would fit the BB but I'm unsure on which one would fit because they're are so many
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    i did have a look at that but I'm more after one that would fit the BB but I'm unsure on which one would fit because they're are so many

I have tried several types of chain guide mounted around the BB, but they all gave me problems. The dangler type suited me better than the rest.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you have a narrow wide, you don’t NEED a guide at all.

I’ve been running 1x without a guide with a narrow wide for 3 years and never dropped a chain. It’s not like you’ll be riding DH or Enduro on it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.