Disc rub with new wheels

2»

Comments

• Scoob84
    Scoob84 Posts: 76
    Scoob84 wrote:
    Scoob84 wrote:
    Appreciate the advice on this guys! Thanks you all, hopefully i can put this terrible issue behind me by the weekend and start loving disc brakes again!

I could kiss you all!!

It’s fixed. No more rubbing, I can’t believe it, such a relief!

Should add, new golden rule learnt. If you pull the brake level on a hydraulic disc brake when the wheel/disc is out, then you more than likely need to push the piston back in after. Even on a brand new brake system. It seems the pistons deliberately don’t automatically go all the way back so that they calibrate themselves onto the discs location.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Scoob84 wrote:
    But but but discs are no problem and a massive improvement how can this be?...

I foolishly bought into disc brakes being the the future and was attracted to them by the apparent low maintenance aspect to them. After having both my caliper brake bikes stolen, i replaced with disc braked bikes and have had no end of braking issues with both. I too get brake rub on both bikes when out of the saddle and putting an effort in. My 4 grand canyon now sounds like i'm sharpening a knife even when just cruising along. Its driving me mad.
    I’m afraid they probably are the future and no end of faff along the way. good in principal un neccescary in practice :(

Glad you got it sorted :)