Ultegra R8020 Setup and Bleed Kit

batters
batters Posts: 12
edited May 2018 in Workshop
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice from anyone with experience working with the Shimano hydraulic road setup. I've recently received a new bike that came fully set up with Ultegra R8020. I need to change out the bars and stem however and the current cables are too long so will need shortening. I have seen videos about the setup and/or maintenance of hydraulic road setups but none specifically showing how to replace or modify an already complete setup.

So my question is this: exactly what kit will I need to redo the hydraulic brakes (mineral oil and a funnel I am aware of, but 'olives' and other little pieces not so much)?

And my followup bonus question is: which pieces of equipment can be purchased from non-cycling shops (I am aware for instance that syringes are required and are available dirt cheap online)

Thanks in advance,

P

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    When you get around to doing it, try and find some of the hose connectors used on motorcycles that are compatible with cycle hydraulic hoses, it'll make connecting and disconnecting easier in the future should you need to change a calliper or brake lever.

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/product ... -couplings
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.