Colnago C59 Stack and Reach

boneshaker44
boneshaker44 Posts: 5
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at a used Colnago C59 and can't find the geometry for the traditional model anywhere on the web. Specifically looking for stack and reach.

Can anyone spot this on the web?

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
  • [/quote]

Thanks - if you can point me to where the stack and reach is on this chart, that would be helpful. I checked the thread that you posted there and there's a link to the Colnago site where I believe the stack and reach was posted, although it's a dead link now.
  • shirley_basso
    Tbh I don't actually know.

Weight weenies may be a better source of information on this as lots of posters there have colnago.

I think you can get near as dammit if you use the c60 frameet as the geo is meant to be virtually identical.

Maybe also look at geometry geeks website which may have some info.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I'm looking at a used Colnago C59 and can't find the geometry for the traditional model anywhere on the web. Specifically looking for stack and reach.

Can anyone spot this on the web?

What's your current bike and in what size, does it fit bang on, how many spacers are on it, stem length and do you have the geometry chart for that?

It should then be relatively easy to work out what size C59 would be best.

Amount of layback on current seatpost might be needed too, saddle height from BB and an idea of saddle fore aft, just in case there's anything out of the ordinary.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    I'm a bit of a Colnago fan and catalogue collector, this is all I have for Traditional Geo C59, can't find reference to stack anywhere:

B2338502-82CF-402F-A39C-2BFD8B471D08.jpg
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    You could calculate it with otherwise full geometry info but the charts above don't even give head tube angle or BB drop.

I wouldn't buy a bike without knowing the full geo.
  • shirley_basso
    What?? Why on earth not? Could you be overthinking things?
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Some say in order to know what size Colnago you need, you need to know what size Colnago you need.

In truth it's not that difficult, especially with the traditional geometry, which up until the C60 was in 1cm incremenets, making it quite easy to go up or down a size.

For e.g. I'm 6'1", I ride a 58T Dream, but also fit a 59T which my Master is. A 57T would probably be a bit short and low for me.

Translated across into sloping you generally deduct 4cm from the T to get the S, i.e a 58T is near enough equivalent to a 54S and the reason why my CLX is a 54S.

If I were going for a C59, ideally I'd want a 58T because traditional geometry looks best, but I know I could also ride a 59T and also a 54S.

What is your height and what is your target size?
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack