Recommendations for a track pump?

Thigh_burn
Thigh_burn Posts: 489
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
My Lezyne track pump has failed - both the chuck and the gauge. From a bit of searching it looks like the model I had with ABS2 turned out to have quite a few problems.

I'm looking for something new and wondering if people have strong views. It seems there are a few at c£40, they then jump up to c£75 and then north of £100. I'm loathe to spend more than I have to, but meaningful reviews seem to be thin on the ground.

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    My yellow Joeblow one has been perfect. The only reason I might spend more is if one had an integrated airshot type thing for tubeless
  • ^ What HaydenM said. Mines great with a presta/schraeder head and the ability to provide plenty of PSI.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    HaydenM wrote:
    My yellow Joeblow one has been perfect. The only reason I might spend more is if one had an integrated airshot type thing for tubeless

I did exactly that and got a Bontrager Flash Charger and it's perfect. Accurate gauge, swift inflation, tubeless is a doddle.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    HaydenM wrote:

My Toepeak Joe Blow is like 8 years old now. Seems strange these days most things don't last that long!
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Another vote for the JoeBlow - the yellow one (Sport I think).
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Yellow Joe Blow for me too. Rock solid.
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    Thanks all. Joeblow it is.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I really like my SKS Rennkompressor. Built like a tank and spares are easy to find (If you ever need any). Mine is 10 yrs old, gets used at least 4 times a week and no problems.
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    I also recommend the SKS Rennkompressor. A great piece of kit.
  • paris_
    paris_ Posts: 18
    Another vote. Love my JoeBlow