Looking for the right adventure/gravel frameset. Suggestions?

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
Long story but I have been given a Pinnacle Dolomite by Evans as a replacement for an old bike. It's almost perfect apart from not having a through axle on the rear and only being able to fit 32mm tyres. So, I'm on the lookout for a gravel/adventure frameset with the following criteria.

Front and rear through axle
Disc Mounts
Threaded bb
Clearance for large tyres (~45mm)
Mudguard and Pannier fittings
Internal Cabling
Carbon Fork
Preferably Black

The Kinesis Tripster AT comes pretty close, but I'm not too keen on the colour scheme and was hoping to keep it under £500 if poss. Open to buying secondhand. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Pinnacle Arkose?

Edit - ah, a quick check suggests it ticks all the boxes except the rear through axle
  • tangerineowl
    tangerineowl Posts: 101
    A steel Cotic Escapade comes in purple or light blue. 700x42 or 650x50.

The alu steerer option is 499 including shipping.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Pinnacle Arkose?

Edit - ah, a quick check suggests it ticks all the boxes except the rear through axle

Yea, that is actually what I had before but they replaced it with the Dolomite.

A steel Cotic Escapade comes in purple or light blue. 700x42 or 650x50.

The alu steerer option is 499 including shipping.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I've heard of Cotic before, will have a look.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Planet-x pro-carbon XLS.
    Quite a few on here have had these.
  • tangerineowl
    tangerineowl Posts: 101
    Vitus Energie Cyclocross could be another option in an alu frame, though its light blue:-
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/e ... prod159582

The fork has guard mounts, while the back end has mounts at the axle and part-way up (rack?) the seatstay. Can't see any mount at the top so perhaps some kind of brace is required for at least guards.

Specs mention 42mm clearance. The spiel says 60mm spacing/gap front and rear.

More aggressive geo than the steel Cotic.