Crank Brothers Mallet Enduro LS Pedals

rollingnomad
rollingnomad Posts: 40
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
I am Re-Thinking about Clipless Pedals for Bicycle Touring

Feedback is helpful and Appreciated

I really like the idea of the Crank Brothers Mallet Enduro LS Pedals 2018 vs Crank Brothers Mallet Enduro Pedals 2018

I found the Crank Brother's Mallet Enduro LS Platform Pedals is $103.36+California Tax $8.04= $111.08 at Bike Bling Bike Shop in Escondido CA. And Free Shipping or Store Pick up in Escondido, CA

My question Would the crank brothers Mallet Enduro LS Pedals be great for Bicycle Touring with Shimano XM7 Gore-Tex SPD Clipless Shoes?

Spindle Mallet E LS 57mm to Mallet E 52mm

The ultimate pedal for enduro riding and racing, now with a longer spindle

Q-factor 57mm for increased shoe clearance and control
Concave platform-clipless pedal designed for enduro riding and racing
12% smaller and 60g lighter than Mallet DH
All new internals: outboard Enduro bearing, inboard igus II glide bearing and double seal system
Integrated traction pad technology to optimize cleat engagement and shoe tread interface with pedal body
Ribbed body for better traction when unclipped
Chamfered leading edges to reduce rock-strikes
6 adjustable pins per side
Aluminum body, Chromoly spindle and Cast Steel wings
4-sided entry and excellent mud-shedding ability
Brass cleats and plastic shims included
Fully rebuildable and simple to maintain
Release angle 15° / 20°
The left pedal is indicated by a small grooved line around the threads of the spindle
5 year manufacturer's warranty
Weight: 424g.

https://youtu.be/hwd9ULE8saU

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Shimano M520's cost a quarter of the price and I'm sure would do just a good job as the Crank Brothers pedals.
  • Joe Totale wrote:
    Shimano M520's cost a quarter of the price and I'm sure would do just a good job as the Crank Brothers pedals.
    I really don't like Shimano SPD Clipless pedals
  • I am Re-Thinking about Clipless Pedals for Bicycle Touring

I also like the Nukeproof Horizon CL Clipless DH Platform Pedals

Feedback is helpful and Appreciated

I have tried the Shimano M545 DH Platform Clipless SPD Pedals
    has Pop-Up Binding Pivoting pedal cage allows SPD binding to "pop up" for easy cleat entry. Removable Cage Design Pedal can be used with or without removable light alloy pedal cage.
    and I really Did not Like the Shimano M545 DH Platform Clipless SPD Pedals. and I have used
    Shimano M540 Clipless SPD MTB Pedals no foot support and I have tried the Crank Brothers Mallet DH Pedals 2018 and I Had a hard time to clipping the Crank Brothers Mallet DH Pedals 2018 and I have been using the Sun Ringle zuzu DH Platform Pedals since 11-2008 with
    Gore-Tex Hiking Boot/Shoes. and I just found out about the Nukeproof Horizon CL Clipless DH Platform Pedals last few days on Google/YouTube. and I have looked at the Funn Mamba Two Side Clip MTB Pedals the last few days also but I really like the Nukeproof Horizon CL Clipless DH Platform Pedals is SPD compatible, Dual Engagement Mechanism, Side Support Platform, Cold forged T1- 6061 alloy body with CNC finishing,Tough and lightweight CrMo axle, Proven axle system- 2 x high quality DU bushings & 4 x sealed cartridge bearings (Per Pair) and Low profile contoured chassis with optimised leading edge. and since I like using using Gore-Tex Hiking/Shoes and I really like the idea of the Shimano SH-XM7 Cross Mountain Shoes are Clipless SPD Shoes and they have Gore-Tex waterproof/breathable membrane/synthetic MSRP: 200.00 USD

Nukeproof Horizon CL Clipless DH Platform Pedals
    MSRP: $147.99USD and $79.99USD at Chain reaction cycles with free Shipping to the USA to
    Riverside, California and I am might order the Nukeproof Horizon CL Clipless DH Platform Pedals on 6-3-2018
    http://nukeproof.com/products/horizon-cl-pedal/

Nukeproof Horizon Pedal Review
    https://youtu.be/rFeDnZDvK2w

https://youtu.be/H5joEIGJXf4
    Nukeproof Horizon Clipless Pedals CL