Wattbike Training Plans

Hi,
I am about to start the Wattbike 100 mile Sportive Plan, For no other reason than I have not been very focused this year and just need some structure.
I'm not training for anything in particular, I just like the idea of having to do x workout on x day : structure - hopefully to keep me focused on regular workouts/training and give myself a kick up the @r$e before the summer is over.

My question, has anybody done any of these plans and how did they find them?

Thanks,
FLATB

Comments

• mrpbennett
    mrpbennett Posts: 102
    I use the WattBikes we have in our local gym as i dont currently have a turbo. I use TrainerRoad for my training plan, how ever I have used the workouts on the wattbike app and completed my first ever FTP using the app too.

I think the workouts were brilliant, they pushed me forsure. Not sure on the plans though all my friends either use Zwift or TR.
  • Yes, I found the workouts on the WB to be great also.
    I am in week 3 of the 100 mile sportive plan, the strength section. It is tough going and pushing me, I am more focused when I am getting into the gym as I am really struggling for time these days so every hour counts.
  • mrpbennett
    mrpbennett Posts: 102
    Yes, I found the workouts on the WB to be great also.
    I am in week 3 of the 100 mile sportive plan, the strength section. It is tough going and pushing me, I am more focused when I am getting into the gym as I am really struggling for time these days so every hour counts.

I hear ya, i just finished this on a watt bike was pretty tough! Having said that it's super handy to have access to the wattbikes when you dont have a turbo.

https://www.trainerroad.com/career/paul ... 803-kaweah
  • Nice session,looks painful :shock:
    Are you using Trainerroad on a public Wattbike, ie in a gym? If so, how does that work . . .!?