Deloitte to take over from BMC

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited May 2018 in Pro race
According to reports BMC are to be taken over by Deloitte with Giant supplying the bikes.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    Taken over as in they’re looking after the firm?

Or they will sponsor the team?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Taken over as in they’re looking after the firm?

Or they will sponsor the team?
    Sponsor. They'll also be riding Giants. Deloitte-Giant from next season.

I wonder if this will mean Cavendish moving to them as he has a personal relationship with Deloitte.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    Right well I’ll be hating that team even more then.

F@cking awful company that get paid a lot to produce very very average work.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    So will BMC bikes be ridden by any other team?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Dabber wrote:
    UAE Emirates apparently. And Cervelo are replacing Giant at Sunweb
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dabber wrote:

Ah, thanks... so a bit of musical chairs.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    Dabber wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dabber wrote:

Ah, thanks... so a bit of musical chairs.

A lot of musical chairs, was mentioned on Eurosport the other day that this could result in a merge between Dimension Data and Sunweb.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460

Agreed, the government don't seem very happy with the big four at the moment
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,461
    sherer wrote:

They also produce incompetent robot staff who walk in to well paid jobs because the people doing the employing are as ignorant to the real world as are
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    gsk82 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

They also produce incompetent robot staff who walk in to well paid jobs because the people doing the employing are as ignorant to the real world as are

I don't work for Deloitte or any of the other big 4 but I think this is grossly unfair to consultants.

All the consultants I know (myself included, although I am not a management consultant, I do explosions and major accident safety stuff) are actually pretty keen on doing a good job.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    My profit centre's been audited by the Big 4 for 20+ years and suffered the same schoolboy questions that demonstrate they have no understanding of our business. A few years ago I kept a copy of the responses I gave them then copy/pasted the following year which satisfied them nicely. Horrendous waste of money, if I wanted to hide something they'd never find it.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • bobmcstuff
    Remind me not to post after a few beers please :lol:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    When is a team not a team? It's a strange aspect of cycling that a team is considered the same when to the outside viewer they have nothing to do with the previous iteration. I loved the earlier versions of BMC, kit and bike wise, not so much now.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,130
    inseine wrote:
    When is a team not a team? It's a strange aspect of cycling that a team is considered the same when to the outside viewer they have nothing to do with the previous iteration. I loved the earlier versions of BMC, kit and bike wise, not so much now.

I agree. I would like to see teams keep their identity no matter who sponsors them. It works for the worlds biggest sport, even in motorsport teams change sponsors, but keep their 'Team' name.
    However, it won't happen....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    inseine wrote:

In cycling the team is never "The Team".
    The registration with the UCI is the deciding factor, these are controlled by the management of the organization who holds the "licence". Historically you can trace the origins of teams all the way back to the Eighties (there used to be a very nice family tree of UCI Pro teams online but I cannot find it at the mo).
    The current trend seems to be move the team to the highest bidder and sort out Bike supplier and title sponsor later, eg. UAE and Bahrain.
    Found this one-

http://velorooms.com/files/teamgen.pdf
  • inseine
    inseine wrote:

In cycling the team is never "The Team".
    The registration with the UCI is the deciding factor, these are controlled by the management of the organization who holds the "licence". Historically you can trace the origins of teams all the way back to the Eighties (there used to be a very nice family tree of UCI Pro teams online but I cannot find it at the mo).
    The current trend seems to be move the team to the highest bidder and sort out Bike supplier and title sponsor later, eg. UAE and Bahrain.
    Found this one-

http://velorooms.com/files/teamgen.pdf

I understand the ins and outs, I just don't like it !
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    gsk82 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Should probably be taking over from Sky then :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I used to work in an industry where I had to deal with people from the big 4 every day.

Mostly incompetent, rude, above their station and thought that they were important when they weren't. Humourless drones.

TDV is about to sack the whole lot she has to suffer because they are all idiots.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Remind me not to post after a few beers please :lol:

It gave us all a laugh, Bob.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    On the plus side, no matter what people think of Deloitte as a company surely it is a good thing to have another large multi-national coming in as a sponsor? It has to be better than teams going around with a begging bowl and getting sponsorship from lots of local businesses (or from tourism ministry of a country with dodgy human rights)?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They already are a sponsor. Of dimension data.

I guess they're just increasing the budget ?
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross wrote:
    On the plus side, no matter what people think of Deloitte as a company surely it is a good thing to have another large multi-national coming in as a sponsor? It has to be better than teams going around with a begging bowl and getting sponsorship from lots of local businesses (or from tourism ministry of a country with dodgy human rights)?

Well, they seem to be getting as much stick on here as any of the countries with dodgy human rights records, so perhaps not :p
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    Where do you draw the line in all these things? I'm not happy with the USA repeatedly drone bombing weddings, Germany selling arms to various problematic regimes or Russia and India passing discriminatory laws regarding gay rights etc. and undoing a lot of the hard fought progress made in the last decade.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • inseine
    Seems like it was fake news in the end.
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Where do you draw the line in all these things? I'm not happy with the USA repeatedly drone bombing weddings, Germany selling arms to various problematic regimes or Russia and India passing discriminatory laws regarding gay rights etc. and undoing a lot of the hard fought progress made in the last decade.

Add US to that list under this bloody awful Drumpf Administration