Rear light for an aero seat post

pamplemoose
pamplemoose Posts: 85
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
Anyone got a recommendation for a rear light that will fit nicely on an aero seat post? I know you can get lights that fit to saddle rails, but that space is taken by a small tool bag already. The seat post in question is the Bianchi one, but it's a similar shape to others I guess.

Doesn't need to be anything that will burn the retinas of car drivers on a daily commute. I just want something to be visible once the sun starts going down and I've underestimated how fast I was going to get home!

Comments

• donboogie
    donboogie Posts: 75
    I have a Cateye Rapid X3 on my TCR's seat post, near the frame under the saddle bag. Has an elastic mount thingy that means it stays put. Very bright. USB chargeable. No problem so far.
  • pamplemoose
    DonBoogie wrote:
    I have a Cateye Rapid X3 on my TCR's seat post, near the frame under the saddle bag. Has an elastic mount thingy that means it stays put. Very bright. USB chargeable. No problem so far.

That looks perfect for what I need! Cheers :)
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    try the Aldi one (if you can find stock). its only a fiver, has several levels of brightness, and should fit an aero seatpost.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I just use a Knog Blinder.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Ive been through this.
    The best solution I found was move your tools into a bottle cage - then a cateye volt 50 and bracket in the seatpost - very neat solution - the elastic round and aero seat post - always had the thing flipping to one side, which annoyed the hell out of me (YMMV) !
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Lezyne strip drive and KTV are good as they are both shaped to mount on an aero post.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Singleton wrote:
    Lezyne strip drive and KTV are good as they are both shaped to mount on an aero post.

This
  • pamplemoose
    Thanks all. I picked the Lezyne Strip 150 up from my local bike shop on the way home and it fits perfectly :)