Tour coverage in France

Scoob84
Scoob84 Posts: 76
edited May 2018 in Pro race
Not sure if i'm in the right part of the forum here, but here goes...

Does anyone have any advice on how i can follow the tour de France coverage whilst out in France? There's obviously twitter and the tour app, but that doesn't always conveys the excitement that unfolds in the final 10-15k of the race.

I have an ipad, more GB's of data than i'll ever need and the skygo app. I plant on watching a bit of stage 9 before driving down to a friends chalet in the northern alps and then catching some of stage 10. If I've got signal, i wouldn't mind catching some of the live coverage or catching the highlights show in the evening. It would be nice to see how the race unfolded after they whooshed past me.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? The rest of the week will be fine as i'll hopefully find a bar showing the highlights show.

If skygo doesn't work, are there any other apps that might work or maybe even a french one showing the french coverage?

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    France 2 shows it live, I think.

Here's a list of broadcasters from 2017:

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tour-de-fr ... v-schedule
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    France 2 shows it live, I think.

Here's a list of broadcasters from 2017:

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tour-de-fr ... v-schedule

Live coverage is usually split between France 2 and 3.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Scoob84
    Scoob84 Posts: 76
    Thanks both, just downloaded a France TV app which should have both France 2 and 3 channels on it.

*Update* - not sure i got the right app for this. Seems to be the french online equivalent to the radio times.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Scoob84 wrote:
    Thanks both, just downloaded a France TV app which should have both France 2 and 3 channels on it.

*Update* - not sure i got the right app for this. Seems to be the french online equivalent to the radio times.

Are you currently in France?
    If not, there's your answer.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    Also you could get the eurosport app on a monthly basis and cancel it once the Tour ends.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I watch l'equipe direct or the link Blazing posted on the stage 6 thread (English Eurosport).
  • nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    L'équipe also has its own channel.
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    An alternative is to buy a small portable freeview TV and use that - they all seem to work in Europe.

I use an August DTV905 plus a slighter better aerial than the one supplied. This worked fine for Paris-Roubaix whilst in France/Belgium earlier in the year.

Pete
  • Always watch on France 2.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    peteco wrote:
    An alternative is to buy a small portable freeview TV and use that - they all seem to work in Europe.
    I use an August DTV905 plus a slighter better aerial than the one supplied.
    I similarly got an August DVB-T405; a small freeview TV receiver that sends the picture to your phone over wifi. Seems to work fine, subject to signal/aerial quality.