Fox fork sanction wear

stephenlovatt1964
edited May 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
I have noticed some light wear on my Fox 34 sanction just above the seals. Reading previous posts it suggests servicing every 15 to 20 hours riding. Now by this do you suggest just changing the oil or oil & wiper seals as well? If the latter is the case then this is a rather expensive maintenance program every 15 to 20 hours riding. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Hi all,
    I have noticed some light wear on my Fox 34 sanction just above the seals. Reading previous posts it suggests servicing every 15 to 20 hours riding. Now by this do you suggest just changing the oil or oil & wiper seals as well? If the latter is the case then this is a rather expensive maintenance program every 15 to 20 hours riding. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.
    I think it's a clean out, new seals and new oil. It is onerous and expensive, which is why most people ignore it.

How old are the forks?
  • 18 months, I changed the seals last just before Christmas. Haven't done a great deal of riding on them over the winter period but I think you are right, not worth the risk of further damage for the cost of wiper seal kit. Never experienced this with previous Fox forks though.