shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Best.

Slacked off early to enjoy the sunny after noon spent on the train home
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    As says on Stevo's sig, don't think he's the one that originally coined the phrase though.

George Best I think? Google will enlighten me

Yup - George. Very slightly different words but same sentiment.

He was in bed with a Miss World once, surrounded by money and empty champagne bottles. A bell boy walked in and exclaimed: "Mr Best! Where did it all go wrong?"

MF had the same situation once except it was in the downstairs bedroom of a terraced house in Crewe, Miss World was some first year sports science student and the money/champagne was out of date beer cans from a Bargain Booze around the corner.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    As says on Stevo's sig, don't think he's the one that originally coined the phrase though.

George Best I think? Google will enlighten me
    Here's a clue :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Although I think Hoppy currently only scores 1/3 and now needs to up his game on the other two :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    If I'd been bunged 500 notes, it would undoubtedly go on a couple of slightly soiled cut price hookers, 8 cans of spesh and an eighth of mannitol cut with benzocaine. You have to live the dream from time to time...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Although I think Hoppy currently only scores 1/3 and now needs to up his game on the other two :)

I have spent a lot on booze over the years. I shudder to think in fact. I've blown a fair bit on birds too. Fast cars are incompatible with the booze in the opinion of the old bill. Round here it's way quicker on my velocipede anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2018
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I have spent a lot on booze over the years. I shudder to think in fact. I've blown a fair bit on birds too. Fast cars are incompatible with the booze in the opinion of the old bill. Round here it's way quicker on my velocipede anyway.
    You don't have to drink and drive at the same time.

Edit: although an investment in the right car could also be seen as spending on birds :P
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    WTF?

Someone send MF on some sort of mission with the endorsement of her majesty. Please.

There's nothing like a new frame to hang bits on.

Me excavating me. Me tipping excavator over me. Bollox.

Me tiling tomorrow me. It's endless.

Laters.

PS Nice mix Hoppy. I really ought to go down to the big smoke and give it large.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    WTF?

PS Nice mix Hoppy. I really ought to go down to the big smoke and give it large.

When you do, gimme a buzz. I have a reputation for providing the ultimate in itchy, unnerving and socially enlightening weekends...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    WTF?

When you do, gimme a buzz. I have a reputation for providing the ultimate in itchy, unnerving and socially enlightening weekends...
    Are you prepared to sub his National Express ticket and 6 pack of Special Brew for the trip down?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    WTF?

Are you prepared to sub his National Express ticket and 6 pack of Special Brew for the trip down?

I'll drive down in my Old New Banger shall I? :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Pinno wrote:
    Do what a couple of friends of mine did many years ago when going to a wedding in Sweatland. Got the AA to drag the broken camper up there, slept in it for a week then used somebody else’s RAC card to get it towed back. Free travel and board.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    WTF?

Someone send MF on some sort of mission with the endorsement of her majesty. Please.

What’s MF done now to deserve that? He’s innocent tell ya, innocent.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

You say that.... saw a erm documentary once where someone was drunk and had at least 5 pints whilst I was there, I mean watching

He went to his car as a police car turned up, lots of locals shouted him back only to hear a voice from the police car saying ‘don’t worry it’s only me, just here for a coffee’

Got to love a local copper

Very glad I wasn’t cycling that night
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    WTF?

As V68 mentions, you might need an AA sub. And a years worth of giros for the congestion charge.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Do what a couple of friends of mine did many years ago when going to a wedding in Sweatland. Got the AA to drag the broken camper up there, slept in it for a week then used somebody else’s RAC card to get it towed back. Free travel and board.
    Were they Scottish?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Were they Scottish?
    One of them was, the other had relatives from Yorkshire.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Were they Scottish?
    One of them was, the other had relatives from Yorkshire.
    That explains it all...