sunday with a minigun and an unlimited supply of du rounds

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wonder how soggy the roads will be

ride, cafe, perhaps some form of cakey comestible to sustain me in these nippy conditions
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Roads look dry, unlike me last night

Today is ride to a 10k in the old place, agreed to pace a mates wife to do a sub 50 min, so shouldn’t be too painful. Then catching up with a few pals at the old local, the ride home will be slower
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well at least it’s stopped raining, Lincoln gran prix today kicking off a 9 :00 with the ladies, 12:30 for the men, I will be riding over to have a look
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Later will involve putting the Mini back together and a bit more garage clearing. Then a visit to the ‘rents for a bit of cake.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Dog walked, coffee supped and garage junk loaded in the car ready for the local tip run. More car research being undertaken while peace reigns in the house (i.e. while me and Muttley have the house to ourselves).

Must remember to remain calm and not argue today as Stropteens GCSE exams kick off tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Must remember to remain calm and not argue today as Stropteens GCSE exams kick off tomorrow.
    Same here, easier said than done as I suspect even the most innocent comment could be taken out of context and cause meltdown.
    Good luck to you all.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Same here, easier said than done as I suspect even the most innocent comment could be taken out of context and cause meltdown.
    Good luck to you all.
    Keeping out of the way is probably the best tactic - man cave/study/out doing jobs etc. We just need to keep it up for 5 and a half weeks :roll:

Good luck...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good luck to you all.
    Keeping out of the way is probably the best tactic - man cave/study/out doing jobs etc. We just need to keep it up for 5 and a half weeks :roll:

Good luck...

Man cave.

FFS.

Its a garage/shed in suburbia. Its not a cave.

Why not pop it in the big cauldron of stupid sayings like "pain cave" and other such pointless phrases clubbies and people who read GQ use.

Man cave. FFS.

BAD
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Doing some lesson plans before heading off to so some med cover somewhere. Not really feeling the love tbh

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good luck to you all.

Good luck...

Man cave.

FFS.

Why not pop it in the big cauldron of stupid sayings like "pain cave" and other such pointless phrases clubbies and people who read GQ use.

Man cave. FFS.

BAD
    I worded it to cover Wales where quite a few people live in caves. Or at least they look like they do.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Not a lot happening here in laws visiting, just been to the pub for lunch. Might watch the Cycling later.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not much occurring. Picked up sprogs from grandmother. Lovely walk with the dog, stunning rhododendrons in full bloom in Cannizaro park near me. Done a few puzzles. Such fun.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good luck to you all.

Good luck...

Man cave.

FFS.

Man cave. FFS.

BAD
    I worded it to cover Wales where quite a few people live in caves. Or at least they look like they do.

Its Wales, God's own country, not the North East or Luton where Richard lives.

I understand they dream of cave dwelling in the North East or Luton, where Richard lives. Anywhere they don't have to bath in their own urine in seen as posh and soft.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That as much as maybe, lush, see, but a bit of last minute (ie the mornng of each exam) motivation never goes adrift.

Spend tonight drinking cheap cider and getting a slide show together showing abject poverty, slums, drug addicts on the streets, those really awful shitttty housing estates in Russia, pictures of people with no teeth and massive drug tracks all over their bodies, pictures of Luton where Richard lives - and sit Stropteen down each morning and show it to her explaining that if she doesn't do well at her exams this is where she will end up.

Wait until its her least favourite subject because you know it will be the one she has put the least amount of effort into and therefore will need the most amount of motivation - and pop in some pictures of homeless old people living in rubbish tips just to remind her what will happen to her parents should she not get straight A* for all exams.

MF says that will be a sure fire winner winner chicken dinner tactic for motivating her.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    I think MF should stop listening to MF. Whoever he is.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Big Harv wrote:

I think it's that 'me, myself and I' thing going on.

Gorgeous day so chucked the bike in the new old banger, drove it down to MOT station. Wobbled the long way back to PPP and did some silly jobs (whilst in lycra) and brought the Old new banger back (still in lycra).
    Took toots swimming after a spot of lunch and then preened the Old new banger (but not in lycra). It's sitting sparkling on the drive but better still, unlike the lease hire/HP 17 plates around here: I own it. Ha ha. I even own the rust.

Must get on with dinner and then my fix of Giro later.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Big Harv wrote:

Trust me Harry, MF is the only fellow around here who speaks any sense.

The rest is just noise and cloddlewobble.

MF: GOOD.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Gorgeous day so chucked the bike in the new old banger, drove it down to MOT station. Wobbled the long way back to PPP and did some silly jobs (whilst in lycra) and brought the Old new banger back (still in lycra).
    Took toots swimming after a spot of lunch and then preened the Old new banger (but not in lycra). It's sitting sparkling on the drive but better still, unlike the lease hire/HP 17 plates around here: I own it. Ha ha. I even own the rust.

Laters.

MF is wondering why your bike needed a MOT.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Laters.

The Giro today went past MF's local bus stop in Pratola.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Gorgeous day so chucked the bike in the new old banger, drove it down to MOT station.
    As is Vr. Suspect Piña has been had.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That as much as maybe, lush, see, but a bit of last minute (ie the mornng of each exam) motivation never goes adrift.

Spend tonight drinking cheap cider and getting a slide show together showing abject poverty, slums, drug addicts on the streets, those really awful shitttty housing estates in Russia, pictures of people with no teeth and massive drug tracks all over their bodies, pictures of Luton where Richard lives - and sit Stropteen down each morning and show it to her explaining that if she doesn't do well at her exams this is where she will end up.

Wait until its her least favourite subject because you know it will be the one she has put the least amount of effort into and therefore will need the most amount of motivation - and pop in some pictures of homeless old people living in rubbish tips just to remind her what will happen to her parents should she not get straight A* for all exams.

MF says that will be a sure fire winner winner chicken dinner tactic for motivating her.
    Hmmm...
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Hmmm...

MF suspects Libtard sentiments creeping in.

Trust, it’s a sure fire plan

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I say good luck to all them kids doing exams and chin up to parents putting up with it. It’ll soon be over. Then it’s the stress of A-Levels. You could fire them into outer space like V68, but his only got as far as Australia.
    Mrs BBGeek and me had a nice ride on the bikes. First time for a year for Mrs BBGeek after her leg injury. She went off-road and everything. And left me standing, the evil person she is. I am rubbish.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Pinno wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Laters.

Logic would dictate that as I cycled to PPP from the MOT station, then the only* remaining form of transportation left behind at the MOT place was...

*Apart from Shanks' Pony but I never walk. Walking is almost worse than running.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!