Pinarello F10 setback seatpost

EthanAlef
EthanAlef Posts: 5
edited May 2018 in Road general
I know that no setback seatpost is more suitable for me, so I want to order F10 with no setback seatpost. However, the local distributor said all F10 order are default setback seatpost; I have to place another order for the non-setback seatpost. I think it is a waste and stupid. Is it true that the distributor claimed? Pina still not reply me. Please help. Thanks!

I also worried about the non-setback seatpost's color does not match with my wanted color (Amber 202).

Comments

• Like you EthanAlef, we all have questions
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    If it was a £1500 Specialized I'd say that you wouldn't have much to complain about but for the asking price of an F10 I think Pinarello should be able to accomodate such preferences without extra charge. The prices of high end stuff have gone up astronomically in recent years. If manufacturers are charging premium/luxury product prices they should offer a premium sales experience with them.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    I agree. For that kind of money they should just swap it out for you. They are just banking on the fact you will probably just bend over and pay the extra and be left with a seatpost you have no use for.

I wonder if you tell them you are looking at xx equiv bike and said dealer is willing to swap the seatpost..... maybe they will change their tune? I can't imagine they are swimming in money that they will lose a sale over it?
  • EthanAlef
    imafatman wrote:
    I agree. For that kind of money they should just swap it out for you. They are just banking on the fact you will probably just bend over and pay the extra and be left with a seatpost you have no use for.

I wonder if you tell them you are looking at xx equiv bike and said dealer is willing to swap the seatpost..... maybe they will change their tune? I can't imagine they are swimming in money that they will lose a sale over it?

I will certainly show my face of stepping back if the distributor insists for what they claim. Let you know later.
  • EthanAlef
    neeb wrote:
    If it was a £1500 Specialized I'd say that you wouldn't have much to complain about but for the asking price of an F10 I think Pinarello should be able to accomodate such preferences without extra charge. The prices of high end stuff have gone up astronomically in recent years. If manufacturers are charging premium/luxury product prices they should offer a premium sales experience with them.

Yes. Not every one suits for non-setback seatpost but I search around the internet everyone are all setback type... even though the catalog stated that the seatpost is optional (non-setback or setback)
  • EthanAlef
    Finally I need to pay HKD2680 for nonsetback after the bike has arrived. Btw, the fitting report still claims I can handle setback type seatpost.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    EthanAlef wrote:
    I know that no setback seatpost is more suitable for me, so I want to order F10 with no setback seatpost. However, the local distributor said all F10 order are default setback seatpost; I have to place another order for the non-setback seatpost. I think it is a waste and stupid. Is it true that the distributor claimed? Pina still not reply me. Please help. Thanks!

I also worried about the non-setback seatpost's color does not match with my wanted color (Amber 202).

Maybe ask this question on the weight weenies or other forum. You may find more f10 owners to help you there.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'd tell them to shove their bike and buy something else.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I'd tell them to shove their bike and buy something else.

Where the sun doesn't shine or Wales?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles