Triban 100

dehLord
dehLord Posts: 2
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi, i want to buy this road bike: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-100- ... 77732.html
Is it any good? What size should i get? I'm 183cm tall. Is the gearing enough for hills? Thanks.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Big discussion on these a few weeks ago. Meant to be very good if MF remembers ightly.

Do a quick search.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    The Triban bikes represent excellent value for money, best go into your local decathlon store to try for size...probably Large by you're only just in the 'L' range. Medium might be better depending on leg/torso proportions.

The 100 is only a 7 speed bike with limited gearing, if you can afford a bit more the 500 range are a much better proposition...Decathlon customer services is pretty good so best to discuss in store.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • dehLord wrote:
    Is it enough for hills? Thanks.

eH?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Can't say I'm a fan of where the gear shifter is located on the Triban 100 drop bar bike. There's a much more sensible shifter on the flat bar version.

As said above the Triban 500 is a lot more bike for £100 more and would certainly drag you up all the hills with it's gearing.
  • Agreed - if you can muster another £100, the T500 is far more capable. Main differences are gears - 8sp with triple chainset, and carbon fork on the 500, plus about 1kg less weight. These are things that will make a real difference on the road.
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    +1 for 500
  • steve91
    steve91 Posts: 30
    I've got a 500 and I love it. For the money, it's unbeatable in my opinion. I paid the same for it as the Carerra it replaced and the difference is night and day, so if you can stretch the bit extra I would.