Castelli BIB sizing

furiousd
furiousd Posts: 214
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
very quick one, currently ride Assos S5 Mille and Assos S5 Uno both in large. What size would you suggest for Castelli. Never tried them before so thought i might give the Free Aero Race BIB shorts a go. Anyone comment on the castelli over the Assos?
Thanks

Comments

• ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I wear a medium Rapha Classic, large Rapha Pro Team and XL in Castelli Free Aero bibs.

I’m a muscular 85kg and 183cm.

I come out as a large in Assos.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Castelli shorts sizes are crazy. Good luck with them.
  • adlopa
    adlopa Posts: 37
    I'm a very comfy M in Assos, Rapha and DHB (5'11", 70kg), but the Sportful shorts I just got in M are too small. On the (probably mistaken) assumption that Sportful size the same as their co-brand Castelli, I'd size up...
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    So I ordered up a couple of pairs of Assos (equipe evo and Cento) both in large and the Castelliin XL.

They are all going back. Gutted to be honest. The Castell were a little tight round the middle and the straps on the shoulders. Biggest issue was the leg lenngth is to long.

The Assos, not bad the S7 series before and don’t like the low front. Fit everywhere else was great. Back to the drawing board.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I am medium with Assos s7 bibs and large in castelli, 74 kilos , 190 cm tall, if that helps
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    Ryan_W wrote:
    I wear a medium Rapha Classic, large Rapha Pro Team and XL in Castelli Free Aero bibs.

I’m a muscular 85kg and 183cm.

I come out as a large in Assos.

Same height, weight and castelli size here also.