Bike Bag on Greater Anglia

Odie54321
Odie54321 Posts: 3
edited May 2018 in Road general
Hello

I just wondered if anyone had experience of taking a bike bag (or even just a very large suitcase) on the Greater Anglia train from Norwich to London. I realise I will probably need to stand with it in the vestibule (as it's not going to fit in the luggage racks) but I wasn't sure whether this would be frowned upon or if the guard may want me to move. I will avoid peak times.

I have tried asking Greater Anglia and their response was vague at best.

Thank you

Comments

• Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    During the day there will be enough space no one will care I would say, you could lock it in the guards carriage at the rear end with a lock through the handle, but really don't think you will have a problem if not peak times
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    shouldnt be a problem ime, Ive seen loads of people carrying large suitcases/prams/cellos etc stand there, or sit there even when theres spaces to sit, just pick the one where the toilet is now blocked up and stand on the non platform side should be fine.
  • Odie54321
    Odie54321 Posts: 3
    Thank you both for your replies. Good call on the blocked toilet option - that gives me plenty of choice! :lol:
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    In fairness to Greater Anglia (trust me, I'm more than happy to give them a bashing), they are fairly tolerant of bikes, large luggage etc
    I am not aware of many companies that let full size bikes on at peak hours, and yet they do as long as you are ready to put them in the guards carriage. I would be amazed if you had any trouble at all, especially non peak. You could also put your bag in the large vestibule next the cafe/bar.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    Looks like you can take a fully built up bike on there so a box or bag containing one shouldn't be a problem:

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel- ... -on-trains

Seems to just be a question of booking in advance.
    Wilier Izoard XP