Dent in alu. fondriest frame

jliet
jliet Posts: 7
edited May 2018 in Road beginners
Hello, having read a lot of thread of people asking about how safe frames are to ride, etc., it's not what I'm looking for (as I understand ultimately it's my own choice and responsibility), just more of experience.

It's a fondriest max carb frame with carbon forks/seatstays, and there is a series of small dents on the chainstay where it looks like the chain got caught:

fh6ZEpB.jpg
dxXWiXI.jpg

As you can see from the paint job, it's something I got for really cheap so just trying to find out more information (as well as messaging Fondriest I guess).

Cheers.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I’d ride that.

Me too. Aluminium tends to strain harden so it might actually be stiffer. Inspect it for cracks every now and then to be sure. But, frankly, I would not give it a second thought.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • If that was in the top tube or downtube of a 6061 hydroformed aluminium no chance, but that looks rideable
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    No problem with that at all. Ride on fella.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    I wouldnt ride it, not because of the dents which i think are fine, its just that colour........ :)
  • jliet
    I wouldnt ride it, not because of the dents which i think are fine, its just that colour........ :)
    There's a reason I didn't provide a full picture...

CAu1zK9.jpg

Personally, I think it's funny enough not to take them off.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    That head angle - looks like the bike has been front-ended. Unless it's just a bad pic...
  • jliet
    Imposter wrote:
    That head angle - looks like the bike has been front-ended. Unless it's just a bad pic...
    It's just me taking the picture at a weird angle.