Circular Route out of Hope/Edale/Bamford in the Peak District Required

Mapaputsi
Mapaputsi Posts: 104
edited May 2018 in Tour & expedition
As in the title, myself and my girlfriend will be spending the next Bank Holiday weekend in the Peak District – we will be staying near Hope - and I would like a 60mile-ish route (starting & finishing within 5-10 miles of Hope) with a nice pub/café stop somewhere in the middle.

Any suggestions, or links to sites/local club pages where I might find gpx files for my Garmin would be much appreciated.

:o

Comments

• Jonclare
    Jonclare Posts: 4
    Not in the right order, but here is a good one. Eyam has a couple of nice cafes, but my favourite would be the Barrel Inn at Breton - not in the middle of the ride, but at the end of all the big climbs if you go anti clockwise, then mostly downhill on the way back. Fantastic views and great food / beer.

An alternative would be not to head down to Grindleford the back up the Sir William Hill Road, but instead extend the ride to Chatsworth.

https://www.strava.com/routes/12867130
  • Mapaputsi
    Mapaputsi Posts: 104
    Looks great thank you!
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Mapaputsi wrote:
    Looks great thank you!

You might prefer riding to Hathersage - Leadmill - Abney, instead of the road through Bradwell.

Other than that, it's all good...the road up through Bradwell is good too, but the road from Leadmill up to Abney is a nice climb, is super quiet, and is a particular favourite of mine :)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    WIth or without the Mam Tor/Winnats pass ? :-)

This is a good loop, that takes in the Monsal trail (gravel, but road tyres are fine) and some of the finest views: Windgather Rocks, Mam Nick... very lumpy, but you are in the Peak District, so it cannot be otherwise.

Coffee at Hartington or later at Buxton if you like the buzz. A couple of steep descents and a few steep ascents, but nothing too mental

https://www.strava.com/routes/13281477
    left the forum March 2023