Mtb cycling club for unfit beginners

ageis
ageis Posts: 49
edited May 2018 in MTB beginners
Hi

I am a beginner who wants to be able to enjoy the delights mountain biking brings but with the guidence of a more eperienced invididuals.

The most important thing for me is I am not a very fit 32 yr old therefore I would need to be in a group whereI won't cause too much disruption to the schedule. Perhaps maybe riding with older invivduals because I find they're more patient.

I live in the manchester area

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Most clubs tend to have a facebook page or website that gives you an idea of what they are about. If you contact a few they can let you know.

I have been out with a variety of riders from two people who competed at national level who's entire aim was to show how fast they were leaving everyone else behind to groups just out to enjoy the riding and making sure no one is left behind.

Find what suits you and don't worry if you try a few and they are not what you are after.
  • Bochenek
    Bochenek Posts: 1
    I don't know of any groups in the Manchester area since I'm not from there, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a group. Just cast a wide net, look for one everywhere on social media and you'll find people. I started exactly like you, unfit but with a strong will to get into it.
  • There are loads of cycling clubs in Manchester and the surrounding area - Manchester wheelers are prob the biggest traditional club so would have a wide range of abilities. I don't know what their regular MTB rides are like but I ride their club time trials and they're a good bunch with a friendly ethos.
    There's also a group called Manchester mountain bikers which I think is pretty active and a good mix. Basically you just have to go out on a ride and see what you think.