electric conversion kits

green65
green65 Posts: 2
edited May 2018 in MTB buying advice
I do a lot of cycling and have come to the conclusion that having some electric assistance may be a good idea. I don't have the cash to pay thousands for this so I am looking for something that is bolt on to use with my existing bike (carera hellcat). Any advice and information will be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    Welcome to the forum.
    We don't really do 'e-bikes' on here, so you may get the inevitable; get a better/lighter bike, get fitter etc etc.

And I haven't got a clue, but there was something on the main site a while ago, which will give you a starter for 10...
    https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/electric-bike-conversion-kits-all-you-need-to-know-47354/

It would help if you gave us the reason for needing the kit - it may also sway the method you use.
    What I will say is that to do it properly, it will end up costing you more than your bike is worth.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Yeah the kit will be more than your bike.

Buying a more expensive bike is what I would go for here - do you need a MTB ? Knobbly tyres sap energy as do crappy front suspension. You've a cheapish MTB - it's never going to be as easy to ride as a more expensive road bike.