Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Last nights jobs descended into pub time - which was nice

Today of wfh, so I may as well go for a run
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Yesterday’s walk in the sun seems a distant memory as it’s wall to wall rain here. Waiting for the garage to ring with some outrageous figure to fix the car. The turbo trainer will get used at some point if I can summon upon some enthusiasm.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rain. Further proof that the Castelli Idro is made from some kind of magical fabric.

Offer through, quite happy with it. Now for a conversation with my boss...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Morning,

Wet here, says it's going to brighten up later. Possible time trial later, mode of transport to the start TBC.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    A tad moist this morning Good news H³, about the offer more than the Idro that is. Drinks to celebrate soon then.
    Drove the Mini in this morning, amazing how slow, cramped, noisy and uncomfortable it is after driving a modern car. Yet it still makes me smile. Fingers crossed the MOT tester forgets to put his glasses on later.
    Rather busier than I would like in the office today, that's no good at all. Hopefully I will get time for a nap later.
    Later is curry with the Wednesday night lot as a continuation of my birthday shenanigans. We're going early as we are hoping the seriously ill one will be able to join us. Hope he makes it out as he was back in hospital yesterday but was determined to get there. I think it could be a long session in the pub after that.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very soggy out, commuter bike decided it didn't want to shift into the big ring which isn't really an issue in given the weather.
    The various water fowl appear to have been blown to one side of the lake so are just bobbing about looking miserable.

Some shenanigans going on with my old company apparently so my spies are feeding me details either going one of two ways, they all get a pay rise or get made redundant.

Anywho off to brew some nice Qualitia Rossa and send abusive emails about my missing parcel.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    hopkinb wrote:
    Rain. Further proof that the Castelli Idro is made from some kind of magical fabric.

hurrah

time to fit in a good holiday between jobs :D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Congrats!

Our merger has finally been announced today, it might be me looking for a new job soon!

Changeable weather today. As we get better forecasts for the Hebrides cycle touring next week I am becoming increasingly convinced of the merits of tents over bivy bags...
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Our merger has finally been announced today, it might be me looking for a new job soon!
    I saw a chap doing your job in Bushy Park last week. He was stood near a copse of trees looking up into them through binoculars. Struck me as being slightly odd behaviour, then I wondered if he was about to shout at them Just after I turned to look where I was going I heard a shout, no idea what he shouted at them though.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    I saw a chap doing your job in Bushy Park last week. He was stood near a copse of trees looking up into them through binoculars. Struck me as being slightly odd behaviour, then I wondered if he was about to shout at them Just after I turned to look where I was going I heard a shout, no idea what he shouted at them though.

It's a complicated language, lots of species specific dialects
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb wrote:

Congrats on job offer.
    When do you start recruiting the minions with the biggest breasts. We may be able to assist in the vetting.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:

Huzzah! Huzzah! Top stuff - many congrats.

GOOD
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Talking of which, I have also made an appointment to see someone about a new job far, far away from here. Let's see how it goes.

Apart from that, it's gopping here. Cold, wet, windy..... glad I went riding yesterday,
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    hopkinb wrote:

Tell us how it went once he has finished celebrating :wink:

Spent most of this morning at a tax 'industry' group listening to bollox and getting free sandwiches and crisps. Just got back to the office as there is work to be delegated :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Ideally I'd type something resembling excitement here however I've got nothing to add apart from the fact I cleared some timber off the drive at lunch and Virgin are current digging up my street to lay a thin green magic cable.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Congrats on job offer.
    When do you start recruiting the minions with the biggest breasts. We may be able to assist in the vetting.
    I've got some bad news for Hoppy when he comes back from the pub - I've already cornered the norky minion market :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've got some bad news for Hoppy when he comes back from the pub - I've already cornered the norky minion market :P
    We won't believe you unless you provide pictorial evidence of this.

mini passed the MOT, phew.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We won't believe you unless you provide pictorial evidence of this.

mini passed the MOT, phew.
    With reference to the thread in Cake Stop, when are you joining the team? :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    With reference to the thread in Cake Stop, when are you joining the team? :)
    As stated in that thread, if I had a big ole pair of norks I'd never leave the shower.

Must confess I stole that line form an Irish chap that worked in our accounts department. Said to a very shapely girl that worked here one day "Feckin'ell, if oi 'ad a pair loik dat oi'd never leave der shower"
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Said to a very shapely girl that worked here one day "Feckin'ell, if oi 'ad a pair loik dat oi'd never leave der shower"

I can see why she only stayed for a day.
  • tlw1
    Odd day - knock on the door around lunchtime and an old lady and her son are there, I recognise them both from the pub last night and it turns out she used to live here, her mum was the last ever headmaster before the place was sold
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    TLW1 wrote:
    Odd day - knock on the door around lunchtime and an old lady and her son are there, I recognise them both from the pub last night and it turns out she used to live here, her mum was the last ever headmaster before the place was sold

'Yer 'ouse got istory'.

[In Brum speak].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!