PSA - Superstar Components

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,027
edited May 2018 in MTB general
Not sure how long this has been known as I've not ridden MTB for a bit but have inquired about some replacement pads for my road bike and got the following:

Hello Rich
Thank you for your interest in our pad range. We are sorry to say that we are now completely out of stock of pads that will be compatible with your brakes. We have now opted to discontinue our complete brake pads range. We will not be restocking any of our brake pads.

Yours sincerely,
The Superstar Team.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Road range or MTB?
  • homers_double
    We have now opted to discontinue our complete brake pads range. We will not be restocking any of our brake pads.

Disappointed really as they've always been decent pads, off road at least.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    If anyone wants Superstar kevlar pads for Avid Elixir, I may be able to help out. I bought about 10-12 sets when I had Elixir on all the family fleet but most bikes we have now are Shimano. I also bought some of their finned ones so have one or two sets of those somewhere.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    try uberbike instead I've been using them over superstar for a while now sintered, kelvar, semi metallic or race matrix compounds
  • homers_double
    *wanders off to open another tab*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    *wanders back in to slap swod1 in the face with a fish and two packets of expensive Shimano pads*
    Advocate of disc brakes.