Bike Shop Repairs Contributing To Crash

2»

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    sungod wrote:
    in london you have to ride as if every pedestrian is an inattentive, ignorant, selfish, malicious, idiot, because many are

I take issue with this statement implying many pedestrians are ignorant etc. What are you talking about??? They ALL are!!! Bl**dy iPeds!!!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    kiwijonesy wrote:
    Agree, I have had enough people step out and just look the wrong way! I was in Hampton Wick just coming off the roundabout so normally better further out.
    This means one of two things. Either the person was on a zebra crossing and they had priority, or they were not using the crossing although they were very close to one and had they used it would have been much safer. I strongly suspect it was the latter and it was one of those twunts that would rather take a chance than walk a few feet further and use the crossing.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Am I the only one who checks brakes before I go out on the bike?

Probably not. I'm constantly faffing with my bikes, and occasionally I've left the QR on the caliper undone, so I generally give both levers a squeeze as I wheel the bike out. Can't guarantee I do it every ride though.

As others have said, in emergency braking the back brake is pretty much irrelevant, and once your rear wheel lifts you're going over the bars unless you release the front.

Heal quickly!
  • Find the pedestrian and bum him rotten.
  • Find the pedestrian and bum him until his arse can take no more!
  • Find the pedestrian and bum his brother in law's nan, that'll sort him.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't say you have issues, but you have issues.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sungod wrote:
    in london you have to ride as if every pedestrian is an inattentive, ignorant, selfish, malicious, idiot, because many are, tbh i find most drivers are better than pedestrians

This is because some drivers have passed some sort of test that demonstrates an ability to drive. How many pedestrians have passed a test that demonstrated an ability to walk? My anus smells better than some people walk, and heres proof. (of the walkers, not my bummole).
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Find the pedestrian and bum his brother in law's nan, that'll sort him.

calm down..