Vision metron 55 wheels

Zone1090
Zone1090 Posts: 10
edited May 2018 in Road buying advice
Anyone have any comments? Can they be run tubeless? 2018 model

Comments

• I have the 2018 Metron 40SL's...as far as i'm aware they're not tubeless compatible, would imagine the 55's are the same.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I think they'd clearly state if they were tubeless compatible.
    I was looking at the end of last summer and ended up with some Reynolds Assaults which I've been running tubeless just fine.
    Been really pleased with them and a riding buddy has owned the deeper strikes for years with they've been perfectly reliable.
  • cossyrush
    cossyrush Posts: 43
    I've got my 2017 metrons 40's running tubeless, just taped them and stuck on some Schwalbe Ones Pros.
    No problems so far.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You'd get Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbons for the price of those Vision wheels. The Mavics are lighter and tubeless ready.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • craigr
    craigr Posts: 53
    They were on the Merida Reacto i bought, i run them all summer last year and touch wood no issues at all.
    Didn't run them tubeless though as it was clincher version i got.
  • Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Mavic ust is the way to go. For the same price they come with tubeless tires. They aren't any easier to mount or remove in my experience, but they did pump up with a standard floor pump very easily, no soapy water etc.

The tire/wheel system come with their tire set up as clincher, all you need to do is to pull out the tube and put in the valve and throw in sealant, very easy 30min job.

For all around wheels cosmic is probably the best choice, if you want to go deeper you can go with cometes, which are whopping 64mm deep.