Tyre clearance problems

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited April 2018 in Road general
I am struggling with tyre clearance on my new (to me) TT bike, its an Argon18 E114 2012 model.

I am using a DT Swiss RRC 65 Dicut front wheel which is not overly wide but wider than the rims that were available when the frame was built and even with the brakes adjusted properly the top of the tyre is rubbing on the bottom of the brake caliper (TRP RL970 ) which sits a touch lower than the underside of the fork.

The wheel is 24mm at the brake track, has a 17mm inside diameter and I am running a 25c Schwable Pro One tyres.

Can anyone tell me if I fit a 23mm tyre if this will reduce the height of the tyre on the rim and if so how much approx?

What I am looking to understand is if al a smaller tyre work or am I looking at having to buy a dedicated front wheel with a narrower rim?

Thanks
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• Can't you change the caliper?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • JesseD
    Can't you change the caliper?

Don’t think so, it’s a behind the fork one that was stock on the bike, not sure what else will fit but ideally if I can then it’s an easy fix.

The rear is the same but has no limitations as in standard place on seatstay bridge and that’s being swapped out for an Ultegra one, don’t think a standard ultegra one will fit on the front due to the clearance on the down tube
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Smaller tyre will work.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • JesseD
    Smaller tyre will work.

Cheers